Confirmed with Link: Jordan Nolan re-signs with Kings, 3 years at 950k

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nice deal for Nolan.

I had a feeling he was playing his way out of the dog house. I am sure Lombardi had a conversation with him regarding what they expect out of him in the future. Nolan can be one of the NHL's better energy players if he has the desire.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Whoops, you got it in a split second before me. This calls for a merger.

Sorry, just happened to be looking directly at Twitter right when it happened!

Nice deal for Nolan.

I had a feeling he was playing his way out of the dog house. I am sure Lombardi had a conversation with him regarding what they expect out of him in the future. Nolan can be one of the NHL's better energy players if he has the desire.

Good point, wonder if other things were a distraction earlier, but a 3 year commitment is big--not in a bad way if this is the guy we consistently get. But wonder if that signals one of the other guys is on the move (Andreoff, Clifford)?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I say Andreoff should be moved. Nolan and Clifford are considerably better than him.

I can't think of a single decent shift from Andreoff in any game he's appeared in.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Sorry, just happened to be looking directly at Twitter right when it happened!

Good point, wonder if other things were a distraction earlier, but a 3 year commitment is big--not in a bad way if this is the guy we consistently get. But wonder if that signals one of the other guys is on the move (Andreoff, Clifford)?

I don't think its a big commitment as you may think. At that price he can easily be traded. I wouldn't mind seeing andreoff moved though, I don't see him doing much on this team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I say Andreoff should be moved. Nolan and Clifford are considerably better than him.

I can't think of a single decent shift from Andreoff in any game he's appeared in.

Agree, I think that Clifford and Nolan are the experienced hands as well. They know what is expected of them and how to get it done in the playoffs.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
He seems to have turned it around at least to some degree after being god awful for almost a calender year. When he's playing the right way he's a big physical presence with decent puck skills. Not a huge fan of the money and term of this deal as his upside is limited but even if he stinks the place up he should be movable as a grinder with two rings. Worst case scenario he goes to the AHL where he'd count as 50k against the cap.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I was on Twitter about 2 hours ago wondering why Sekac and Smith-Pelley were trending...Then I go on and I see Leddy and Nolan trending and I'm like...OK, I'd do that deal. Then I was let down.

Damn you Deano... according to my trending list on Twitter, you could have had Leddy for Nolan!!!

:laugh:

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
I like it. Based on his play this last 3-4 weeks he has another level of ability but for some reason (like a lot of player on this team) it just disappears for long periods. Either way, i cant think of many situations where i say, "wtf nolan!?!". When he's not playing well, he's just one of those invisible players.

If he can play like hes been playing regularly, then he'd be 5-10 goal/15-20 point player every season which is respectable for a 4th line energy player. But that's a big "if". Either way, happy to keep him at a decent cap hit.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I was on Twitter about 2 hours ago wondering why Sekac and Smith-Pelley were trending...Then I go on and I see Leddy and Nolan trending and I'm like...OK, I'd do that deal. Then I was let down.

Damn you Deano... according to my trending list on Twitter, you could have had Leddy for Nolan!!!

Did you think Milbury was still the GM????

Captain Mittens*

Did you think Milbury was still the GM????

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trollposo fits this place like a glove.

1297361782002_original.jpg

I would like to announce a trade

The New York Islanders are trading Trollposo to LA for Face Wash and his 1985 Yugo

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trollposo fits this place like a glove.

1297361782002_original.jpg

I would like to announce a trade

The New York Islanders are trading Trollposo to LA for Face Wash and his 1985 Yugo

Look I gotta great deal on it 4 years ago. The Dealer told me it had a rear view camera, GPS and got 45 MPG. I figured, why have my mechanic look at it? It had fresh paint.

Well my parents are from Brooklyn originally, I guess I'll fit right in. So Long everyone. :shakehead

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Look I gotta great deal on it 4 years ago. The Dealer told me it had a rear view camera, GPS and got 45 MPG. I figured, why have my mechanic look at it? It had fresh paint.

Well my parents are from Brooklyn originally, I guess I'll fit right in. So Long everyone. :shakehead

Look at it this way, with Luc in charge we'll be having a Legends Night for you in 4 or 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad