Confirmed with Link: Jordan Nolan re-signs with Kings, 3 years at 950k

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Love how Nolan's been playing the last few games....

Just wish someone could sit Nolan down and explain that a really easy way to line someone up for a big hit is to have the puck... because they'll be coming at you!!! There are also lots of defenders in front of the net you can run over if you have the puck!!!

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trollposo fits this place like a glove.

1297361782002_original.jpg

I would like to announce a trade

The New York Islanders are trading Trollposo to LA for Face Wash and his 1985 Yugo

We should get a 1970 Gremlin back in this deal. FW is far to proven to simply toss away though I like the upside Trollposo brings.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Just because WE, the unwashed masses, see his play improved for a few games, doesn't mean Lombardi did the same and offered him a contract. That's downright ridiculous.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Not that I think the deal is bad or anything, but dont you guys find it odd that Dean is willing to sign Nolan now just because he has played well for a few games? He was benched for most of the season because of poor defensive plays, and now he gets an extension just because he scored a goal or two in a short span of time?

I trust Dean, but he did the same with Gaborik, by signing him to god knows how long of a term, just because he played well for 1/4 of a season and the playoffs.

Just sayin.

Because this is one of the few players in the group of RFA's or UFA's that is A. Established and B. Willing to take less than a 1 million dollar deal.

Ron*

We should get a 1970 Gremlin back in this deal. FW is far to proven to simply toss away though I like the upside Trollposo brings.

My first car was a 1970 AMC Hornet I purchased used in 1976 that had been involved in a major accident but whence the frame had been welded together and sold to me by the sleaziest of all used car salesmen.

Don't get me started. I still remember the 18-month nightmare that I owned that vehicle, finally telling my mother to give the ****ing thing away, please. I didn't want anything to do with it.

Having said that, I wouldn't take back a 1970 AMC Gremlin or any AMC vehicle, even to get rid of Face Wash. It just isn't worth it.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Love how Nolan's been playing the last few games....

Just wish someone could sit Nolan down and explain that a really easy way to line someone up for a big hit is to have the puck... because they'll be coming at you!!! There are also lots of defenders in front of the net you can run over if you have the puck!!!

Not to fear. I'm quite sure papa Teddy has giving him about all of the instructions needed.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Just wish someone could sit Nolan down and explain that a really easy way to line someone up for a big hit is to have the puck... because they'll be coming at you!!!

That's a terrible idea. Why would anyone risk a turnover just to hit someone? Hitting is to cause separation from the puck, not the other way around. Power moves and protecting the puck is another thing but no way anyone thinks hit when they have the puck.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Not that I think the deal is bad or anything, but dont you guys find it odd that Dean is willing to sign Nolan now just because he has played well for a few games? He was benched for most of the season because of poor defensive plays, and now he gets an extension just because he scored a goal or two in a short span of time?

I trust Dean, but he did the same with Gaborik, by signing him to god knows how long of a term, just because he played well for 1/4 of a season and the playoffs.

Just sayin.

This is a joke right? You do realize that Gaborik is 3rd on the team with 17 goals while playing 13 games less than Carter (18 goals) and 7 less than Toffoli (19 goals)? You also know that Gaborik has scored 30 goals or more in 7 of his 13 seasons right?
If you think Lombardi signed Nolan to a 3 year contract over a handful of games, than you obviously haven't been paying attention to how Lombardi works.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The term doesn't even really matter I guess cause it's 950k. Nolan can be waived or sent down and 900k of that is wiped out against the cap.

I don't understand how his play over the last two seasons warrants a three year contract.

But like I said, it's pretty much a moot point, at 950k.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The term doesn't even really matter I guess cause it's 950k. Nolan can be waived or sent down and 900k of that is wiped out against the cap.

I don't understand how his play over the last two seasons warrants a three year contract.

As you said, Nolan can be sent down with virtually no impact to the Kings' salary cap.

If he plays well, the Kings have cost certainty for 3 seasons.

scryan

May 1, 2013

This.
Suprised how many people are against such a cheap contract. I was shocked when I saw he just resigned, and at 3 years... then I heard it wouldn't even cost us 1 mil a year... Why would you not? Its only three years, he isn't that old I wouldn't expect decline, we should be able to trade a guy who has 3 :sarcasm: cup rings and a cap hit under a mil.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This.
Suprised how many people are against such a cheap contract. I was shocked when I saw he just resigned, and at 3 years... then I heard it wouldn't even cost us 1 mil a year... Why would you not? Its only three years, he isn't that old I wouldn't expect decline, we should be able to trade a guy who has 3 :sarcasm: cup rings and a cap hit under a mil.

This. Even if we didn't resign him and let him walk, we'd replace him with someone like Adam Cracknell who isn't as good and still has a cap hit of $600,000. So are we really going to argue over a possible overpayment of like $100,000 to $150,000, if that?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Meh. He is a decent player that can eat up some minutes on the bottom 6. He is really the only Kings forward that is capable of actually fighting, and he is a very easy player to move if we ever need to in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad