Jordan Leopold

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So my dad and I were talking yesterday just pondering the hell out of where Leo grew up playing...and we would have never guessed Armstrong.

We didn't play Armstrong often (a couple times maybe that I can recall growing up) but I would have played him when we did for sure.

Never would have guessed Armstrong though. I don't recall hearing a lot about him coming out of that high school.

That's because he played his junior and senior seasons in Ann Arbor for the USNTDP.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Bump.

How great has Leo been? Dude was always a decent puck-mover, but he is a lot tougher and scrappier than I recall him being when he was younger. He's got old man strength, and has been very solid as our #6.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
he is a leaps and bounds upgrade over Prosser. I feel like with Leo in there and with Dumba of all people, our D is set. Leo is giving Dumba what Suter has given Bacon. Leadership on the ice and it is showing off the ice as well. It does wonders for chemistry when there is such strong bonding happening.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I was expecting a not horrible bottom pairing defensemen. What we got was an extremely solid bottom pairing guy who has been invaluable to dumbas progression.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Should roll back the same exact defense next year.

While I'd be fine bringing Leo back(assuming its cheap, > 1.5m)

I'd really like to see

Suter - Dumba/Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon
Brodin-Folin

Brodin would take extra D zone shifts with Suter to keep his minutes up, and Dumba's down and sheltered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad