Jordan Leopold

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just think if the Wild had a chance at Crosby, Toews, Falk, Byfuglien, McDonagh, Backes, Oshie, Stalock, Kessel, Wheeler, EJ, Goligoski, Okposo, Bjugstad, Leddy(again), Lee, Nelson, we could have the best team in the NHL,

Parise- Crosby- Kessel
Wheeler- Toews- Okposo
Vanek- Backes- Oshie
Lee- Bjugstad- Nelson

Suter, Byfuglien
Goligoski- EJ
McDonagh- Falk

Stalock

MacKinnon (Shattuck-St Mary's graduate) as the healthy scratch?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
MacKinnon (Shattuck-St Mary's graduate) as the healthy scratch?

Knew i was missing someone.

Mac- Stepan- Stafford
Fontaine- Haula- Raymond
Eaves- Cullen- Schroeder
Hendricks- Carter- Read

Martin- Niskanen
Leddy- Stuart
Gilbert- Gardiner
Prosser

Not as good as the first MN ties team. Solid D though.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Did anyone see the NHL Network's little 5 minute special on the Leopold letter story? And see him choke up while getting interviewed about seeing his family again? It was touching. Apparently the story was on Good Morning America and international news outlets, and they want to get her on TV.

:handclap:

#952 #612 #MN

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I hope he gets into the system pretty quick. He looked shaky, to say the least, in his first game.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I hope he gets into the system pretty quick. He looked shaky, to say the least, in his first game.

that's just him, mang. It'll get better though, I'd imagine. he's a lot more aggressive than we're used to with our D so he looks extra sketchy.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
that's just him, mang. It'll get better though, I'd imagine. he's a lot more aggressive than we're used to with our D so he looks extra sketchy.

That and he said that he hasn't played that much this year so... I'm sure there were cobwebs to dust off.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah all i'm saying is don't expect a defensive, mistake free game ever.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
To expect that out of any defenseman would be expecting too much.

you know what i mean. or you should. he's going to make more mistakes back there than we're used to seeing. he also has the potential to do a lot more good than we're used to seeing from the Prosser, Ballard, and Falk ilk.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
you know what i mean. or you should. he's going to make more mistakes back there than we're used to seeing. he also has the potential to do a lot more good than we're used to seeing from the Prosser, Ballard, and Falk ilk.

What I've seen from Leopold over the past couple seasons hasn't been pretty. I'm predicting his career with the Wild mirrors that of Ballard. Injuries.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Michael Russo verified
Jordan Leopold on #mnwild: "This is home. This is where I always wanted to be. ... Most likely I will end my career in this jersey."

....Obviously he can get an extension after this year, but is that supposed to hint toward something? Is he planning to retire sooner rather than later?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
....Obviously he can get an extension after this year, but is that supposed to hint toward something? Is he planning to retire sooner rather than later?

I took that to mean that he wants an extension here. And if the Wild don't want him back, he's comfortable with retiring.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I took that to mean that he wants an extension here. And if the Wild don't want him back, he's comfortable with retiring.

That's basically what he said yesterday on NHL Network. Unless Minnesota offers him another contract, he said he's going to retire. In fact, his mindset right now is that this will be his last season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He made a couple of mistakes, but also did some good things. I didn't realize he had such a hard shot. One in particular was hammered. I don't have high expectations. If he just helps hold the fort till the S & S brothers return from injury he'll have been worth it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
He definitely has skill and seems to be in good shape.

At this rate he'd be a pretty reliable 3d pairing guy who could fill that 2d pairing if need be, it seems at least.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Agreed with a lot of the initial thoughts on Leopold. Looks great as a 3rd pairing guy, and looks like he can work some limited time on the 2nd pairing if need be.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
From what I've seen so far, seems weird that he couldn't get playing time in Columbus.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I also think his high level of play also has something to do with coming home to MN and knowing that this is probably his last season in the league IF Wild doesn't want to extend him. Although if he keeps up this level of play, why not extend him for 1M/1y contract?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Liking him a lot so far. Wouldn't mind him staying next year if he keeps his play up.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Seems like the ideal 3rd pair guy. Does his job and can handle 2nd pair duties reasonably if needed to step up.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Knew i was missing someone.

Mac- Stepan- Stafford
Fontaine- Haula- Raymond
Eaves- Cullen- Schroeder
Hendricks- Carter- Read

Martin- Niskanen
Leddy- Stuart
Gilbert- Gardiner
Prosser

Not as good as the first MN ties team. Solid D though.

Will always prove my point, this state produces extremely talented D over any other positions.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
From what I've seen so far, seems weird that he couldn't get playing time in Columbus.

Well you have to wonder how much of a head game it was for him. His family is all in Minnesota and he's playing there with no support structure. It had to be a massive relief for him to know he was coming back to MN.

That's basically what he said yesterday on NHL Network. Unless Minnesota offers him another contract, he said he's going to retire. In fact, his mindset right now is that this will be his last season.

I could see them offering him a 1-2 year deal that is around $1.5M and having him play 6th role. He could actually be the gap filler for hopefully another one of the picks to come up and be ready. Folin could very well be tradebait at the draft.

Suter-Brodin
Spurg-Scand
Leo-Dumba

That is a pretty solid blue line in comparison to what we were looking at earlier this season if you ask me. I know it is really only the 5/6 that got moved around, but that was a lot of minutes being eaten up by the Top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad