Value of: Jordan Greenway

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leafs should just offer Nylander, straight up, for Greenway. Wild have cleared enough cap to take on his salary. Sounds insane on the face of it, but Greenway is precisely what they need(besides a RHD);
-A giant young, physical presence with some skill who will make his team feel braver.
- an excellent defender, and on his way to being a shutdown guy.
- signed for 876K, I think, and under team control for years. Eases worries about signing Marner, and possibly acquiring a quality Dman in trade or FA.

Maybe Nylander blows up in the playoffs and shows that this disappointing season was a mirage, but Leafs fans have to be uneasy with what they have seen from him all year. On most other teams you couldn't spare his skillset...the Leafs can, easily. They don't need him to play 3rd line C.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I doubt Greenway would be available for anything realistic. Fenton has been moving out the 25-26 year olds to get younger - wouldn’t make sense to then move Greenway. I’d put his value from the Wild’s perspective someplace around Kapanen but I’d rather just keep Greenway.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I doubt Greenway would be available for anything realistic. Fenton has been moving out the 25-26 year olds to get younger - wouldn’t make sense to then move Greenway. I’d put his value from the Wild’s perspective someplace around Kapanen and a 1st?
Well, they don't have a 1st, but ya. Also don't get trading for Kapanen, except to appease our Finnish bro's still grieving and passed out in a sauna after the Granlund trade.

Do we really want ANOTHER LHS wing?

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Well, they don't have a 1st, but ya. Also don't get trading for Kapanen, except to appease our Finnish bro's still grieving and passed out in a sauna after the Granlund trade.

I agreee - I’d rather just keep our guy

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Jordan Greenway has had a decent rookie season, displaying a budding and strong physical game, while showing potential for more offensively.

As a leaf fan, Greenway seems like a great player to target. He has 1 year remaining on ELC, and can help bring a physical element, something lacking on the roster.

What type of return would Minnesota fans need to trade this young player?

As a fan of players who "display a budding and strong physical game, while showing potential for more offensively" I would be inclined to keep said player on my own team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Kapanen is a right shot right wing, did you mean Johnsson?

There are plenty of reasons Kapanen would be welcome on this roster, just not at the expense of Greenway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad