Prospect Info: Jordan Greenway (LW) - BU, NCAA - 50th Overall Pick, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
This reminds me of conversations last year on this board when it was assumed that Ek would replace Haula with no problem. Nothing is assured with prospects!
just like granlund i guess i was hoping from all the hype JEE was ready to fill haula's 3C spot. last summer gmcf was hyping greenway making it sound like he would be our trade deadline / playoff addition. im not seeing greenway is ready to make an impact but hey who knows.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
just like granlund i guess i was hoping from all the hype JEE was ready to fill haula's 3C spot. last summer gmcf was hyping greenway making it sound like he would be our trade deadline / playoff addition. im not seeing greenway is ready to make an impact but hey who knows.

I must have missed this. I do remember Russo talking about them being eager to sign him before he decided to stay the extra year at BU, but I don't remember much hype from the front office.

I do like Greenway as a "deadline acquisition" though. Not because I think he's likely to be a big difference maker this year, but he's essentially free and has the physical assets to have that 10% chance of making some kind of impact. Chances are that he takes the same course as JEE and Kunin and will take some time to build his game, so no one should be planning roster moves around who he can replace next year. But it'll be fun to see what happens out of the gate when/if he gets dropped onto an NHL roster going into the playoffs (knock on wood).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think Greenway is going to be ready for the NHL right away. The AHL is quite a step up from the NCAA. A big guy like that is going to take time.

Reactions: melinko

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't think Greenway is going to be ready for the NHL right away. The AHL is quite a step up from the NCAA. A big guy like that is going to take time.
I don't think that the AHL is that big of a step at all. NHL is a leap though. Wouldn't expect him to step in and be a difference maker, but would expect him to be better than Foligno right from the start.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I think expectations are way too high for him.

He started getting fewer shifts the longer the deeper into the Olympics the US team got.
His skating made him a defensive liability and I'm not sure how you work him into the lineup in the role he will be placed and still protect him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think expectations are way too high for him.

He started getting fewer shifts the longer the deeper into the Olympics the US team got.
His skating made him a defensive liability and I'm not sure how you work him into the lineup in the role he will be placed and still protect him.
His skating has never and will never make him a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad