Player Discussion Jordan Greenway, LW, Acquired via trade from Minnesota

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

He was a huge loss. The injuries definitely hurt this team quite a bit. A unique blend of players were out at once (highend scorers, defensive players, etc...). That's hard for most teams to overcome. Unfortunately, the star players playing like ass and lackluster efforts have kinda voided that excuse for me.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Outsider fan here, if the Sabres remain outside the playoff picture, could you guys see Greenway being made available? Would love to add him for a deep playoff run. Also, has he been consistent in throwing his weight around this year?

Reactions: David71

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Outsider fan here, if the Sabres remain outside the playoff picture, could you guys see Greenway being made available? Would love to add him for a deep playoff run. Also, has he been consistent in throwing his weight around this year?
With all due respect the Vancouver media guys who floated this in The Athletic don't know their asses from a hole in the ground. Greenway was a guy our coach and GM both specifically targeted to acquire last season and short of some bonkers offer that is such an overpay it's simply too good to pass up there's zero chance he is moved.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Nice read from Lysowski.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Nice read from Lysowski.

I said Greenway is a couple notches above being "just another guy" maybe 10 days ago.. I think that's exactly what the Sabres need though. Guys who know who they are and are willing to do exactly what they need to in order to win games.

Greenway has been doing exactly that and has been one of the bright spots this year. Happy to have him. Thanks Donnie.

Reactions: Chainshot

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I said Greenway is a couple notches above being "just another guy" maybe 10 days ago.. I think that's exactly what the Sabres need though. Guys who know who they are and are willing to do exactly what they need to in order to win games.

Greenway has been doing exactly that and has been one of the bright spots this year. Happy to have him. Thanks Donnie.
Yep, guys who are slightly above average with a couple real standout traits fill out the roster of every good team.

His year here has been exactly what was hoped for when acquiring him. It's the model for future collaboration between Donnie/Kevyn as long as they're here together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad