Player Discussion Jordan Greenway, LW, Acquired via trade from Minnesota

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just looked it up, I meant Steve Bernier and we got him in the Soupy trade, no 2nd involved.
One of the most epic first games Ive witnessed from a player. He was scoring, hitting, and beat the hell out of someone.

As for Greenway, seems like we are hitting on his max potential. I love being able to put Greenway and Mitts on lines with Tuch, Skinner, Cozens, and Tage. That's a lot of talent, but theyre also limited defensively. Greenway and Mitts have provided stability to those two lines.

For all the crap people give Adams, he has added some solid players Greenway, Tuch, Clifton, EJ, etc...that also bring some physicality.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
We got Greenway at a discount too because he was hurt and playing hurt a lot of last year and wasn't the same player. Now he's healthy and happy and playing for a coach who knows him implicitly.
where are the 'fans' that were dumping on him at end of last season thru the summer ?!

:crickets:

• Haha
Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
where are the 'fans' that were dumping on him at end of last season thru the summer ?!

He’s playing excellent hockey.

There you can face the day a new, better person now that you were vindicated by a stranger on an internet msg board.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
He's been better than advertised, big fan of this move. His playstyle would be perfect if we ever make the playoffs.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

They're sitting at the same table as the dump Mitts crowd
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call me petty, but I get a certain amount of joy and satisfaction when players who get crapped all over for no good reason turn out to be better than expected and solid contributors. Mitts has been one and Greenway as well. Tage might be the best example of all. Quinn was on his way until he got temporarily derailed. I'm getting the same sense about Ryan Johnson and Isak Rosen.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
They're sitting at the same table as the dump Mitts crowd
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call me petty, but I get a certain amount of joy and satisfaction when players who get crapped all over for no good reason turn out to be better than expected and solid contributors. Mitts has been one and Greenway as well. Tage might be the best example of all. Quinn was on his way until he got temporarily derailed. I'm getting the same sense about Ryan Johnson and Isak Rosen.
Just wait till one of Comrie/UPL step up

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

I mean, you had to have a lot of trust in Adams and Granato to be on the Greenway wagon at the time of the trade. I didn't hate it because of what we've seen Granato do with players he believes in, but there wasn't any guarantees this was the guy we were getting. There is still a lot of hockey to play, but it's moves like this that builds a contender.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

I already posted at least twice about how I was wrong about Greenway. Think it's in the roster thread. I didn't like the idea of another reclamation project, but I think Greenway's case is now a reminder of how someone showing belief in a person on a downslide can really turn into positive motivation. Maybe I'm guessing a bit at the whole scenario, but that's what it seems like from a distance.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I already posted at least twice about how I was wrong about Greenway. Think it's in the roster thread. I didn't like the idea of another reclamation project, but I think Greenway's case is now a reminder of how someone showing belief in a person on a downslide can really turn into positive motivation. Maybe I'm guessing a bit at the whole scenario, but that's what it seems like from a distance.

I think what it comes down to for Greenway is this:

1.) In Minny, he was being slightly miscast as a defense-first grinder-type on a line that wasn't built to score much.
2.) He was injured a lot of last year
3.) He lost all his confidence

In Buffalo, he's being used as the primary PKer (he's always excelled at PKing) and as a big body who controls play along the boards VERY well.....even if he's not overly "physical" (in a traditional sense). He's healthy and I think DG's confidence in him has rebuilt his own confidence.

We'll see if Greenway keeps this level of play all year, but right now he's looking solid.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bernier had 2 goals and an assist and blew up a player taking liberties on a teammate late in the game.

For one night he was the best player in the world.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You guys think he could get to 40npoints?
A lot of players would have to start playing a lot better around him. The offense is stuck in the mud. No stat padding nights out there. No free secondary assists because your line got hot.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad