Value of: Jordan Eberle

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I was pleasantly surprised when seeing Eberle play this year. Soft is not something I would use to describe him. He has filthy hands and a really nice shot. He also was very willing and engaged on board battles. Had an excellent first year on Long Island

Curious on his value because there's only one year left on his deal.

Last edited:

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I remember watching a line of Hall-Crosby-Eberle at the Worlds a couple years back and being amazed. Of course, Jordan is the least talented of the 3 but he showed good chemistry. Been interested in him for the Pens ever since, but with our RW depth it makes no sense.

Maybe if we ship out Kessel we could look at Eberle.

2nd+prospect?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Soft as butter, has filthy hands and a nice wrister though. Can't one time the puck for shit, puck duster that needs time to get a hold on the puck before shooting. Good 2nd line winger that doesn't show up in the playoffs at all. He'll impress with his hands in the shootout and all his goals in garbage time but will be a complete non-factor when it matters. Strome for Eberle 1 for 1?

Reactions: ZedCanadian

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I remember watching a line of Hall-Crosby-Eberle at the Worlds a couple years back and being amazed. Of course, Jordan is the least talented of the 3 but he showed good chemistry. Been interested in him for the Pens ever since, but with our RW depth it makes no sense.

2nd+prospect?
There's no chance he wouldn't fetch at least a late 1st at the deadline so I'd assume that's the starting point.

It's irrelevant though because Lou should absolutely try to re-sign him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Soft as butter, has filthy hands and a nice wrister though. Can't one time the puck for ****, puck duster that needs time to get a hold on the puck before shooting. Good 2nd line winger that doesn't show up in the playoffs at all. He'll impress with his hands in the shootout and all his goals in garbage time but will be a complete non-factor when it matters. Strome for Eberle 1 for 1?

Other then commenting on his average to below average skating nothing Oilers fans said about Eberle seemed to be an issue last year

isles55

Mar 7, 2015

2nd+prospect?
If Nash can bring back a 1st+ so should Eberle.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He's always been a premier winger in the league, he was our clutch player for a long time and was always considered the 2nd best player on the team next to Hall. Glad to see to him continue his play in New York. He's also still only 28 yrs old, a handful of years left as an impact player.
I don't why NY would trade him, but I imagine any team looking for a scoring winger down the stretch, would have to pay a pretty penny for him

Reactions: IODCPiper

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Well his agent has lots of ammo . He is 28th in production since Joining the NHL and if you look at the names around him it wont be cheap
NHL Player Stats in Last 8 Seasons

Eberle has got to be one of the most under appreciated players in the league. All he does is consistently put up points but some Oiler fans shit on him because he doesn't play like a good ol Western Canadian farm boy. 28th in points since entering the league, 11th in winger points, 4th in RW points, 24th in goals, 3rd in RW goals. What a bum.....

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eberle has got to be one of the most under appreciated players in the league. All he does is consistently put up points but some Oiler fans **** on him because he doesn't play like a good ol Western Canadian farm boy. 28th in points since entering the league, 11th in winger points, 4th in RW points, 24th in goals, 3rd in RW goals. What a bum.....
One of the most underrated players in the game for sure

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Purely offensive wigers with less than a year left traditionally don't retuen a lot.

The Vanek trades over the last few years shows this. Same with Hudler (returned a 2nd and a 4th, a year after a 76 point season), or Gaborik (to LA).

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Purely offensive wigers with less than a year left traditionally don't retuen a lot.

The Vanek trades over the last few years shows this. Same with Hudler (returned a 2nd and a 4th, a year after a 76 point season), or Gaborik (to LA).
He will return more then nash did. So atleast a 1st and a prospect/pics

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
His skill is undeniable but is he still hella slow? I haven't watched him since a couple seasons ago

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He's always been a premier winger in the league, he was our clutch player for a long time and was always considered the 2nd best player on the team next to Hall. Glad to see to him continue his play in New York. He's also still only 28 yrs old, a handful of years left as an impact player.
I don't why NY would trade him, but I imagine any team looking for a scoring winger down the stretch, would have to pay a pretty penny for him
Are you talking about team Canada? Because he was never clutch for the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad