Player Discussion Jordan Eberle

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Todd seems to like pairs....also not sure if lander will be a centre in the 2nd half if Drai is called up...would love to see 3 strong scoring lines with an elite puck carrier on each

???-McD-Yak
Hall-Drai-????
???-RNH-EBS
Hendricks-Letestu-Klink
The ??? Could be any combo of Pou,Lander,Purcell,Slepy,Pak...
As the game goes on u can double shift and put together the top six of
Hall/RNH/Ebs
Drai/McD/yak

I like those pairings I think we are in for a treat once ebs is back. If we can get healthy on the blueline that is

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Todd seems to like pairs....also not sure if lander will be a centre in the 2nd half if Drai is called up...would love to see 3 strong scoring lines with an elite puck carrier on each

???-McD-Yak
Hall-Drai-????
???-RNH-EBS

Hendricks-Letestu-Klink
The ??? Could be any combo of Pou,Lander,Purcell,Slepy,Pak...
As the game goes on u can double shift and put together the top six of
Hall/RNH/Ebs
Drai/McD/yak

Hmmmm. yeah, that could be interesting.

I'd could see this by mid season:

Pou-McD-Yak
Hall-Drai-Pak
Slep-RNH-EBS

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
So - is Eberle coming back soon? Has it been 5 weeks? Any word on anticipated return date?

oilz89*

Bob said yesterday that he'd be practising today but likely in a non contact jersey.

No he was in a regular jersey he's probably playing this week. He's only on LTIR to call up Leon

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
No he was in a regular jersey he's probably playing this week. He's only on LTIR to call up Leon

If he plays this week, that would be a good thing. I heard on one of the radio shows last week (I think it was Gregor), that he is due back mid November. Which surprised me because from this site I'd been seeing end of October. So hopefully he's on his original track of recuperation.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
How has he played since coming back ?

First 8ish games back he looked slow and weak. Couldn't generate anything. Started to get his legs back and was snakebitten for 5 or 6 games. Last 3-4 he's looking much better and starting to pot some key goals.

Just took him a few weeks to get up to game speed and looks back on track now.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
He looked dangerous last night. Unfortunately he is still turning the puck over just inside the offensive blueline creating odd man rushes the other way. He really needs to pick his times to be creative with the puck. He shouldn't be still doing this at this stage of his career.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Eberle is heating up: 7g, 6a, 13p, -1 in his last 14 games. The guy was -11 in his first 13 coming back from injury. I think some people need to learn to be patient with players and not try and run them out of town while injured or going through a tough spell. We don't have as many expendable ppg, or near ppg wingers as people seem to think. We need a defenseman but not at the cost of our by far and away best RW. Back to being an impact player, hopefully he can keep it up and if the past is any indication he can probably be expected to.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Eberle is heating up: 7g, 6a, 13p, -1 in his last 14 games. The guy was -11 in his first 13 coming back from injury. I think some people need to learn to be patient with players and not try and run them out of town while injured or going through a tough spell. We don't have as many expendable ppg, or near ppg wingers as people seem to think. We need a defenseman but not at the cost of our by far and away best RW. Back to being an impact player, hopefully he can keep it up and if the past is any indication he can probably be expected to.

Some people seem to think guys like Eberle who put up points and score clutch goals are readily available. It just isn't true.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
With Eberles hands and his way to sneak into the slot I would hope he gets a chance to play with McDavid. Let McDavid carry the puck and dish to Eberle in the slot.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
He is turning the puck over less just inside the opposition blueline which is good. Still won't even attempt a puck battle though which is frustrating.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
He is turning the puck over less just inside the opposition blueline which is good. Still won't even attempt a puck battle though which is frustrating.

As long as he keeps scoring goals, someone else can do the puck battles. Ebs already has 10 goals, second on the team behind Hall and has only played 27 games. Not bad.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's becoming less and less expendable. He still appears in a lot of trade proposals, but if you look at how our team has changed, he shouldn't be for sale. We now have a lot of centers so that's not an issue anymore. Eberle is right handed and he's a very dependable scorer. Our only other scoring right handed player is Purcell, who will probably not even be here next season.

And of course a winger isn't going to get the kind of value that it would take to get the piece we really need, which is a top pairing defenseman.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
He's becoming less and less expendable. He still appears in a lot of trade proposals, but if you look at how our team has changed, he shouldn't be for sale. We now have a lot of centers so that's not an issue anymore. Eberle is right handed and he's a very dependable scorer. Our only other scoring right handed player is Purcell, who will probably not even be here next season.

And of course a winger isn't going to get the kind of value that it would take to get the piece we really need, which is a top pairing defenseman.

Yeh Eberle brings a different flavor to the team.. Not the ideal person we want but still valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad