Injury Report: Jordan Eberle - Out 4-6 weeks

Gretzky to Kurri

May 9, 2015
20a76lx.gif

Ha ha..... Well that is just my take. It is possible it could be just a grade one AC seperation.... You'd have your arm in a sling regardless. Or even just a strain.
Just positive thinkin. :)

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Even with Ebs out, we don't need to keep Slepy on the roster. Klink can play on the fourth line RW. Yak, Purcell and Korps can make up for the other 3 spots.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This is brutal. I hope it's not too serious and he makes a quick recovery.

I wonder what kind of shape Michael Ryder is in?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Weren't we just talking about how Eberle has been a lot more durable than our lotto picks? I feel like we jinxed him somehow :sarcasm:

Didn't see the game today but looking at the boxscore the first thing I noticed (after I recovered from a mini Lander induced stroke) was 3:26 TOI for Eberle, and my heart just sank.

Speedy recover please Eberle. This was going to be your year to get forty. :cry:

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Even with Ebs out, we don't need to keep Slepy on the roster. Klink can play on the fourth line RW. Yak, Purcell and Korps can make up for the other 3 spots.

Even though we lost the 16th best goal scorer 102G and 13th best point getter 241 PT since 11-12.

We can send down Slepyshev one of 10 18yr old .20 EVGPG russians in RSL/KHL last 20 years.
Kovilchuk
Semin
Kulemin
Ovechkin
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Tarasenko
Yakupov
Slepyshev
Yakimov.

Klinkhammer can make up those Goals.:laugh::laugh:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Even though we lost the 16th best goal scorer 102G and 13th best point getter 241 PT since 11-12.
Is Eberle really the 16th best goal scorer since 11/12?
I've been a huge supporter of Eberle, and I don't think I would have put him inside the top twenty if I had to guess.
Amazing stat if true. Makes it even more puzzling to still find people who think we don't need this player.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nugent Hopkins has never really played well without Eberle. That's what kinda scares me about this.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
My guess is he's gonna be out for 6-10 weeks.

That would project a return anywhere from mid-November to early December, depending on strength levels.

That's at least 15 GP, with the possibility it goes all the way to 25-30 GP.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall + McDavid doesn't really seem to be working that great either. I'd give it a couple of games still, but if not, I'd rotate back to

Hall RNH Pouliot
Draisaitl McDavid Yakupov - live with the mistakes
Korpi Lander Slepy
Klink Letestu Hendricks

Bangers

May 31, 2006
If he hadn't made the team already, I'm guessing this solidifies Leon's spot on the roster.

Pou - Nuge - Yak
Hall - McD - Drai
Korpse - Lander - Purcell
Hendo - Letestu - Klink

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

We can send down Slepyshev one of 10 18yr old .20 EVGPG russians in RSL/KHL last 20 years.
Kovilchuk
Semin
Kulemin
Ovechkin
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Tarasenko
Yakupov
Slepyshev
Yakimov.

Klinkhammer can make up those Goals.:laugh::laugh:

Yes cause that's what I was implying. :facepalm: I'm more focused on Slepy's development. Slepy is the better player but if he is better served starting in the A, then why not? Slepy won't be replacing Eberle's goals either and lol at you for thinking that :laugh: :laugh:. The team collectively will have to do that. Guys like Yak, Purcell, Drai will have to produce more.

I'm a fan of Slepy but I don't want to rush his development. He's done well in preseason but I want to do what's best for his development.

Hall - Mcdavid - Drai
Pouliot - RNH - Yak
Korps - Lander - Purcell
Hendricks - Letestu - Klink

at this point, that line up works fine. I don't mind having Slepy start but if sending him down to the A is what's best for his development, then so be it. We have Klink that can slide in on the fourth line and everyone else slides one spot up. That's what my initial point was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad