Injury Report: Jordan Eberle - Out 4-6 weeks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Saw the injury again - bit of a cheap shot by Chipchura. Eberle was in the danger zone - just a bit too far off the boards. If Eberle was a foot closer he doesn't get hurt.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Don't mind Slepy making the team, but Purcell getting a bigger role on this team is brutal. Guy wasn't cutting it before, I cant imagine how terrible he'll be in a more prominent role.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Damn, I really had a feeling it was precautionary.

This means a couple of things now. Slepyshev and Purcell are both going to make the final cut and it's time for Yak to step up. Drai might get a bigger role too.

If he misses about a month, I don't think it's a disaster because the Oilers finally have quality depth but it freaking hurts.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Big blow for sure. Our best right handed shooting forward, and now all we really have is Slepyshev and Purcell to fill that role.

lol. Why are you continuing to push the issue here. Yak is a first overall natural RW. And bottom line it's a development year too. I'm not overly concerned, I just want to see fun, competitive hockey.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Yak needs to step up. He needs to get off to a quick start and play like how he was under Nelson.

Hall - Mcdavid - Drai/Yak
Poo - Nuge - Drai/Yak
Slepy - Lander - Purcell
Hendricks - Letestu - Korps

I'd like to see something like that. As good as Slepy has been, I would not put him in the top 6 yet. He is a rookie and it's his first year in the NHL.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
If it's a separated shoulder, what's the timeline? Cerebral indicates 6 weeks - what's the standard precedent for similar injuries? The low-end of the range?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
CHED saying that Eberle will miss a practice at least. I'm guessing he doesn't play in any more of the pre-season games.

Gretzky to Kurri

May 9, 2015
I didn't see the game tonight but I saw a little gif on twitter of the injury. Small window couldn't quite make out the detail but.....
I have been in the sports injury biz for about 13 years working in a clinic in Red Deer. Here's my take...

I'm guessing either he seperated his AC (Acromioclavicular) joint. There are varying degrees. Milds sprain, partial tear, or complete tear of the ligament.

OR...
he broke his Clavicle (collar bone)

My best guess.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
I didn't see the game tonight but I saw a little gif on twitter of the injury. Small window couldn't quite make out the detail but.....
I have been in the sports injury biz for about 13 years working in a clinic in Red Deer. Here's my take...

I'm guessing either he seperated his AC (Acromioclavicular) joint. There are varying degrees. Milds sprain, partial tear, or complete tear of the ligament.

OR...
he broke his Clavicle (collar bone)

My best guess.

20a76lx.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad