Jordan Caron - Qualified at Last!!

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Let's give him to the Leafs for Willy Nylander. They're usually up for a deal like that...oh wait, Ferguson is with us now...never mind.:cry:

A Healthy Kelly*

with arms wide open... under the sunlight... welcome to this place, i'll show you everything! *sick mother****ing gitbox arpeggios*

BondoBruin

Mar 7, 2002
Waltham, MA.
Visit site
Really poor management of assets once again by Chia.

Gets nothing for a first round pick. Ouch!

On the other side Montreal gets P.A Parenteau and a 5th round pick for Briere

LOL Yup... Bruins suck...they had a 1st Round pick that was underwhelming. Wish we could be like the other teams that this kinda stuff never happens to. :shakehead

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
A little dose of reality people. Just because they qualified him does not mean he will be on the team in October. Qualifying him simply means they can now include him in a deal which by the way, they may already have in place for all we know. If they can't move him, he can still be put on waivers and sent to providence. This is nothing more than maintaining an asset that they still believe has some value in the market.

Rhoshambeau

May 21, 2010
Northern Connecticut

After Ottawa took him, Daigle said, "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers No. 2." Except this time. Defenceman Chris Pronger went on to win a Norris Trophy, a Hart Trophy and a Stanley Cup, while Daigle played just 616 games with 129 goals and 198 assists. Daigle's regular-season production was respectable, though he had just two assists in 12 playoff games. Daigle will be remembered for being drafted first, but for all the wrong reasons.

LOL

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
WHY. AS my rants about them getting softer this season may have mentioned you need fourth line toughness, instead we have Chiarelli's son Caron. I know on Game of Thrones Caron would have a last name of Snow,Storm or Sand. What is it going to be with Chia, Ice?

Another mark in my Chiarelli must go file, been filling up quick the past season.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Am I missing the part where Caron accepted the QO or where it's been stated he's locked into the opening night roster?

If you are Jordan Caron and have been a total failure for your career thus far, do you take the chance of going to free agency and making less than the qualifying offer?

The way Chiarelli is "building" this team right now I half expect Caron with Lucic and Krecji.

He must be part of the upgrade in speed Chiarelli is obsessed with. I know when I think speed I think Jordan Caron.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If you are Jordan Caron and have been a total failure for your career thus far, do you take the chance of going to free agency and making less than the qualifying offer?

The way Chiarelli is "building" this team right now I half expect Caron with Lucic and Krecji.

He must be part of the upgrade in speed Chiarelli is obsessed with. I know when I think speed I think Jordan Caron.

I wish I could be as much of a total failure as Caron has been.

Someone posted a tweet in here yesterday saying the Bruins felt he needs a fresh start where he'll be able to get a better chance.

That doesn't sound to me like he's penciled in to the Bruins lineup.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think, not sure, that because of his lack of games played it could be a two way qualifier ?

So, if true, he could be weighing that since playing in the 'A' would be about $70K ?

Maybe he wants to take his chances on somebody giving him a one way?

Somebody smarter than me needs to comment on this though as I said, Im not sure.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Had a ****** night sleep to think about this...

Nope. Still not feeling any better about it.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I have to laugh a little at the reactions to this. The Bruins need an inexpensive option as the 13th forward and regardless of what people on here are saying, Caron is almost perfect in that role.

I understand being a little upset about the Bruins picking Caron in the 1st round, but I got over that years ago, I have accepted that Caron is not a 30 goal scoring power forward. I get the feeling he could be better somewhere else and I think that still might happen.

Either way, I don't get why people are so upset about a guy who is going to spend most games in a suit. I don't get why people would rather have a player that actually has a future on the team just watching the game in a suit instead of getting big minutes in the AHL until there is a spot open.

If there is an injury they will call someone up and Caron will still only play when they don't have another option.

Do people really want a better player as the 13th forward who will inevitably make a lot more money and make their cap situation worse?

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I have to laugh a little at the reactions to this. The Bruins need an inexpensive option as the 13th forward and regardless of what people on here are saying, Caron is almost perfect in that role.

I understand being a little about the upset about the Bruins picking Caron in the 1st round, but I got over that years ago, I have accepted that Caron is not a 30 goal scoring power forward. I get the feeling he could be better somewhere else and I think that still might happen.

Either way, I don't get why people are so upset about a guy who is going to spend most games in a suit. I don't get why people would rather have a player that actually has a future on the team just watching the game in a suit instead of getting big minutes in the AHL until there is a spot open.

If there is an injury they will call someone up and Caron will still only play when they don't have another option.

Do people really want a better player as the 13th forward who will inevitably make a lot more money and make their cap situation worse?

This post defends Caron too much you are hereby ordered to amend your opinion and grab a pitchfork.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
So he goes from un-tendered to qualified now? This is like Christmas morning when I was a kid...:naughty:

Chia must've reconsidered after seeing all the heartfelt condolences ITT.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
If, and it's a big IF, Caron is on the opening night roster, it will most likely be as a 4th liner.

It could be Jordan's best and last opportunity to prove that he can play an effective regular shift in the NHL.

There is something about team sports that when an individual obtains a regular spot, their play improves versus being in and out of the line-up and the constant worry of screwing up and being sent back to the Press Box or demoted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad