Jordan Caron - Qualified at Last!!

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
And plenty of the forwards picked in front of him have been far worse.

8 - Scott Glennie
15 - Peter Holland
18 - Louis Leblanc
22 - Jordan Schroeder

I'm taking Glennie and Holland over him, I know they went before him, but they at least they still have some upside, not much but more than Caron.

The only teams I could see taking him for a mid round pick are Florida or Edmonton, and with his skating Edmonton is a reach. If you can get anybody to take him, take whatever you can and run. (See Zach Hamill as an example of what not to do with a bust of a first round pick)

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Jordan Caron takes another shot at sticking with Bruins

WILMINGTON — With two or three jobs at the wing positions open on the Bruins roster, Jordan Caron ought to be the obvious candidate to fill one.

As a first-round draft choice (No. 25 overall) in 2009, the 23-year-old should be entering the prime of his career as a key contributor for the Bruins. Unfortunately for him and the team, of course, it hasn’t quite worked out as planned.

Over the past four seasons, Caron has never been able to play his way into the lineup on a consistent basis. In 123 career games, he has produced 12 goals and 16 assists. Indeed, for many observers it was a bit of a surprise that the B’s this summer qualified and re-signed the free agent.

Many believed it was time for the team to move on from the disappointing draft pick and also give the personable and hard-working Quebecer the opportunity to try and find a team for which he could play more. Yet here he is again with training camp set to open one week from today, excited about the chance to grab one of the open jobs and be more than a part-time, fill-in player.

“It’s the first time I think since I’ve been here there’s been this much (open) room,” Caron said after a captain’s practice this week at Ristuccia Arena. “It’s going to be interesting. It’s going to be a lot of battling. I’m ready for a challenge and ready to go.”

:amazed:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Totally forgot about the first few pages of this thread.

LOL at @ posts 16 and 19.. Res is hilarious.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Chiarelli claimed over two months ago that he was working on a trade in fairness to Caron who apparently wasn't good enough for the Bruins but good enough for other teams. He's now an obvious candidate for a spot on the roster.

Gotta love having all these Boston media shills at your service who don't question anything.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I never realized how big of a body Caron is.. probably because he's invisible on the ice.. but the kid definately has the build to be a real impact power forward.

I hate him though and want him gone.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Up until right now, Harris had been one of my favorite journalists.

Obviously kidding but he's going out on a pretty thin limb with the bolded statement above.

Sounds like Caron has taken this offseason seriously, which is good news. A lack in that area has been a big knock against him in the past.

He can be a good 13th and has the makings of a decent 4th liner if he commits to a more physical game and can get to a point of better decision making.

Will be an interesting sub plot this fall.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Chiarelli claimed over two months ago that he was working on a trade in fairness to Caron who apparently wasn't good enough for the Bruins but good enough for other teams. He's now an obvious candidate for a spot on the roster.

Gotta love having all these Boston media shills at your service who don't question anything.

Where in that story does Chiarelli say Caron is an obvious candidate for a spot on the roster?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Someone please clarify for me please, what does being Qualified mean?

Sorry if it`s mentioned in prior pages and thanks for the clarification in advance

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
So somebody please explain to me why, when he has had more than your average chances to shine.....he does not get buried in Pro/AHL or let go to FA/Traded etc....

Now, I don't think he is horrendous as far as a 4th liner would go......but he apparently has not become what you would expect of a player who was drafted at his position and has made it to the NHL for a decent amount of games.

I am looking for an honest opinion of why you think he sticks around, not just the typical "Because so and so is stupid/has/had a love affair with his mom etc...."

What say you?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I hope to god we don't see him in our top 12 forwards this year, the Caron era is over, actually it never started, time to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad