Recalled/Assigned: Jordan Binnington Recalled from Chicago on Emergency Conditions

sst338d

Oct 20, 2014
Elliot was pretty upset leaving the ice last night. I have seen many times where that was the case, because the athlete knew it was a bad injury. Hoping this is not the case and he was just pissed for getting ran over.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Throw Binnington in against the Oilers, may as well give them a fighting chance.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Elliott didn't look too bad when he was seeing if he could continue, limped off but on his own. I take the stick throwing as he was just mad about being injured like that

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Would be pretty funny actually if we won.

I think there's a strong possibility we would. We match up very well against the Oilers and I doubt they would get many scoring opportunities. Binnington should certainly be able to hold his own.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think there's a strong possibility we would. We match up very well against the Oilers and I doubt they would get many scoring opportunities. Binnington should certainly be able to hold his own.
I agree. :laugh:

I don't think there's anyway Binnington sees a game though. As long as Elliott is back within 2 weeks, Allen will hold the fort. But if Elliott is out long-term, the Blues will probably sign someone.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You can walk and skate on a blown knee just moments after doing it. When I blew out my ACL, I pretty much did the same as Elliott. I laid there for a bit, but then was able to get up and walk to the sideline, but I knew it popped, you can hear and feel it. Everyone else, coaches and players, except for the one other guy that blew his knee out before that I was fine. Blowing your knee out doesn't actually cause much pain, it's the realization that you just blew your knee out that gets the reactions from the athletes.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Elliott was up and going through a warm up routine after it and looked okay. You can do certain things after a serious injury, but I don't see him being capable of that a minute plus without stopping.

His anger at going off? He had a shutout going... damn right he was angry going off. Plus, against a former team that traded him for another goalie.

The fact that is Binnington and not Climie suggests that it is a short term thing. We won't want Binnington sitting on the bench for any prolonged period when he could be starting in the AHL.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Then what do you do with him after Elliott comes back?

Gets released. They said they are going to look outside the organization for help. Climie hasn't really performed well enough to earn a spot.

They could probably make a contract that is 2-way based that has an out-clause if we try and send the player down.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Marty will be here for a tryout starting Friday according to JR and the Blues' Twitter.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. Can't imagine a better mentor for Jake Allen honestly.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
There are talks here that he is going to KHL (SKA team).

Yeah, I was reading some Russian forums and the expect Bryz to sign with SKA after they released Salák.

But then they also expect Bobrovsky to be signing for next season! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad