Prospect Info: Jonny Tychonick (D) 48th Overall

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
@bert i might not be a huge Kevin Bahl proponent but this decision looks very bad now seeing the team’s direction.
Im hoping Kleven is this years Kevin Bahl. Raw big d man with good feet for his size. His game has really came along and grown since he was a 17 year old. Like most big players the development curve is longer.

Reactions: GCK

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
i’m more asking why didn’t he live up to his draft selection. What happened to this kid?

Remember hearing something of him not being well liked by his UND teammates early on. He is coming of a senior year college season likely wont turn into much at the NHL level maybe a cup of coffee here and there.

Reactions: LeProspector

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
anyone know whats going on with this player? he played like 7 ECHL game (5 points) & 3 AHL games (2points) and thats it.

Injured?
Retired?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
anyone know whats going on with this player? he played like 7 ECHL game (5 points) & 3 AHL games (2points) and thats it.

Injured?
Retired?
The Senators cut ties with him years ago, but I guess they still technically hold his NHL rights.

He signed an AHL deal with Toronto when he came out of college last year. He's been playing in the ECHL with the Newfoundland Growlers, but those stats aren't coming up on hockeydb anymore since the franchise folded.

You might find more info on the Leafs board.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Senators cut ties with him years ago, but I guess they still technically hold his NHL rights.

He signed an AHL deal with Toronto when he came out of college last year. He's been playing in the ECHL with the Newfoundland Growlers, but those stats aren't coming up on hockeydb anymore since the franchise folded.

You might find more info on the Leafs board.
Weird, they still show up on elite prospects with 2024 stats but indicate the team is not active.

I guess they folded mid season?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
He played 51 games for Newfoundland, he was called up by the Marlies twice, the first time he was up for about a week and did'nt play a game, the second time he played 3 games and had 1 g 1a, and then was sent back to Newfoundland, each time he was sent back he had problems getting back scoring. What he does now and who he belongs too who knows???

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
One of the worse picks of all time.
Not bad stats for a rookie

2023-24
3.png
Toronto Marlies
AHL311201|
3.png
Newfoundland Growlers “A”
ECHL516374346-5|
16.png
Projected
AHL622402|

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This thread got me thinking about old prospects. Didn't one of our prospects have a blog at one point? Was that M Karlsson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad