Recalled/Assigned: Joni Ortio

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
OHHHHH I see what we did there. We were winning too many games so Ramo has a "Sprained MCL" Smart Burkie SMRT! :naughty:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Give him the Canadians tomorrow.

I think that the Flames should start training camp for the 14/15 season right now. Give all of the Heat guys a 3 or 4 game look. Make it clear that all players, veteran or rookie are being evaluated for their role on next years Flames.

Call up Ramage, Hanowski and Knight right now. Give them the three games and keep them up here for the Olympic break. They need the rest. When the Olympics are done, send them back rested, and with a taste of NHL experience.

Send Bouma, Breen and Ortio back down for the Olympic break. Give Bouma top line minutes. Use these last 25 games to see where players are at, and what spots need to be filled in the off season, and what spots can be filled from within.

And hopefully keep winning.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Give him the Canadians tomorrow.

I think that the Flames should start training camp for the 14/15 season right now. Give all of the Heat guys a 3 or 4 game look. Make it clear that all players, veteran or rookie are being evaluated for their role on next years Flames.

Call up Ramage, Hanowski and Knight right now. Give them the three games and keep them up here for the Olympic break. They need the rest. When the Olympics are done, send them back rested, and with a taste of NHL experience.

Send Bouma, Breen and Ortio back down for the Olympic break. Give Bouma top line minutes. Use these last 25 games to see where players are at, and what spots need to be filled in the off season, and what spots can be filled from within.

And hopefully keep winning.

We definitely shouldn't do any of what you just said. I agree with Ortio, but everything else not so much.

Sep 12, 2012
I think that the Flames should start training camp for the 14/15 season right now.

Why call up all those guys just to have them sit on their ***** for 2 weeks?

Call them up after the Olympic break, as Burke trades away pending UFAs and roster space opens up.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
He's not starting tomorrow.

Ortio seems like the anti-Finn. His English is phenomenal, he's bubbly and charismatic by all accounts, and wasn't afraid to tell Jay Feaster to keep him on the number one goalie radar coming out of camp.

Then there's this video of him imitating his coach :laugh:. I don't even know what he's saying but it's hilarious:

The video starts with "Ortio, wake up, get on the ice" and ends with "And ****ing Similä(The goalie that has let in the goal?), why do you think whe have a goalie? To make the saves! One is enough, Ortio in!"

Other than that it's apparently about a junior tournament (2009 WJC maybe) after Russia has scored their first goal against Finland and the game is 2-1 and Jortikka is telling everyone how ****** they have played.

I don't know if it's really based on true events, but that coach has definitely history of those kind of events :laugh:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Why call up all those guys just to have them sit on their ***** for 2 weeks?

Because College players have never played 60+ games. Those guys led the Heat early in the season. But they are hitting a wall right now. Rest them. Give them a taste of NHL. (Hopefully) Have them play meaningful hockey in May. I know, it's not gonna happen, but just a thought.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Maher confirmed from Hartley that Joni will indeed play at some point, just not tonight. I'm pretty pumped to see how he does.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
And Ramo was finally settled in and playing like a starting goalie...:facepalm:

Im not sure I want Ortio backing up Berra. Berra is going to get the starts and if he craps the bed having Ortio come in cold and get shelled could ruin his confidence.

Yeah it sucks - Ramo has been very solid the last couple of months.

Ortio was playing very well in the AHL this season - arguably he's the league's top goalie when you look at his save percentage, GAA and minutes.

I'd really rather have him start over Berra, who has not been playing well at all lately. If Berra does crap the bed I think Ortio will get his chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad