Proposal: Jonathon Blum

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
Congrats Blum on signing with a team that is not only will be in the division with the preds next season ,but will be the most hated team in the league,since they signed Cooke

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Congrats Blum on signing with a team that is not only will be in the division with the preds next season ,but will be the most hated team in the league,since they signed Cooke

images

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
No, we're hoping that he finds a spot as the #5 or #6 defenseman. If not, he plays in Iowa.

Low-risk, high-reward.

More like low risk, low to medium reward. Blum has been awful for two years now, and I don't see him having the work ethic or desire to turn it around.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I can't believe that Blum's value fell so far that he couldn't even bring back a late round draft pick. Even Parros brought a draft pick AND a prospect!

Of course I don't know what Poile was asking or what he was willing to take. But I have to think at some point someone offered a 7th round pick at the very least.

Oh well. Good luck Blum.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
http://admiralsroundtable.com/2013/07/12/blum-signs-with-minny/

Ads Roundtable take on the signing ... eeerrr on Blum

That was hilarious. Blum doesn't have the mental makeup to work through his defiencies and prove himself. I remember lots of comments about his disinterestedness (If that's a word) when he was told to attend prospects camp after he played so well during the Preds playoff run a couple of years ago. The perception was that he was too good to learn anything from the camp.

Suter and Wilson went through similar phases in their development but both have worked through the coaching staff's criticism. Blum's response reminds me of another SoCal kid (UT's former QB Tyler Bray) with tons of physical ability who nonchalantly shrugged off constructive criticism. I doubt either will make meaningfull contributions to their professional teams.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Blum struck me early on as a player who had an attitude problem. The way he carried himself at team events etc., gave me the impression that he was above all that. He also seemed to be unwilling to do the work to improve his game. I am irritated that another one of our first round picks netted us nothing though.

Jubal

May 29, 2012
Following Blum on Twitter can tell you a lot about him too. I unfollowed him months ago. After that, seeing him make those comments doesn't surprise me in the least. I hope Minnesota has fun with him but I doubt it.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
“I’m just thrilled to get a fresh start. Things didn’t go as well the last year and a half with the Preds. I wasn’t able to play my game there, play on the power play, play more than 14 minutes…whatever I played last year…. So I’m looking to come into camp at the beginning of the year and earn my ice time….and be able to play an offensive game, a puck moving game, and not just focus on being a shutdown guy. When I was in Nashville, I was playing top 4 minutes, playing against teams’ best players every night. It doesn’t suit my game…â€

You have got to be kidding me. Blum playing top4 doesn't suit his game? Basically admitting he sucks? Complaining about not getting PP time. You have to earn your minutes kid. :shakehead

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Haha playing against teams' best lines doesn't suit his game. Way to prop yourself up there, Blum. Though I think it was painfully obvious that trying to be a good defensemen wasn't your game.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
No, we're hoping that he finds a spot as the #5 or #6 defenseman. If not, he plays in Iowa.

Low-risk, high-reward.

If you think you're getting a reward from Blum... you're going to be disappointed.

Who knows, maybe a new voice telling him how terrible his work ethic is will do him some good, but I don't think he would know what a hard-working professional athlete looks like if one bit him on the nose.

bananaslug

Oct 2, 2009
Haha playing against teams' best lines doesn't suit his game. Way to prop yourself up there, Blum. Though I think it was painfully obvious that trying to be a good defensemen wasn't your game.

Reading comprehension isn't too strong here...
He said he doesn't want to play a strictly shut down role he had almost no offensive zone starts in Nashville and that's how you set up and offensive defenseman up to fail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad