Jonathan Quick's injury ''could be a while''

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Looks like a muscle strain. ... what's a typical non-Carey Price type strain? 2-4 weeks.

A strain is tear of the muscle fibres.. so it really depends on the degree of severity. I.e. what percentage of fibres were torn.

I.e. who the puck knows.

Quick pulled his groin in 2013-14, grade 2 I believe, and missed a little less than half the season.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Hm, crappy. Didn't look like much either... those are the most frustrating. I hate the Kings and want them to lose, but not like this...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
:laugh: Oh man, that's unpleasant.

Depends on how long "a while" really is...but if it's a significant while, that's the kind of tandem that could completely sink their season.

Almost as bad as the Condon-Scrivens tandem we deployed last year. :laugh:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Tbh the Kings do a really good job using their system to support their back ups. They'll muck up the middle and make it hard to get any good chances. I wouldn't be surprised if this Zatkoff-Budaj tandem isn't one of the worst in the NHL.

That was when they had a really good defense and a forward group to cover up.

Furious George

Ville the Villain
Mar 22, 2006
Shark Infested Water
Unfortunate that it happened on a routine hockey play. Would have been better if it happened from one of his hissy fits over some minor injustice that makes him severely overreact.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Please take one of our goalies and one of Dal Colle, Strome, Nelson, Lee, Prince, or Bailey for Toffoli+. Thanks.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Get the feeling it's worse than even posted. They're considering surgery. So....get the feeling there's actually going to be a move of some sort. Yuck.

Please take one of our goalies and one of Dal Colle, Strome, Nelson, Lee, Prince, or Bailey for Toffoli+. Thanks.

Oh boy, I can't wait to get a castoff goalie and a young middling forward for our 30+ goal best winger on his bridge contract. Come on.

Could just give us Berube back :sarcasm:

It's the most Kings thing ever that right after their goalie depth got purged (Jones out, Berube waivers, Bartosak stupidity, etc.) Quick got hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad