Jonathan Quick - Winningest US-born goalie

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I don't think i've ever seen the word winningest in print before - looks funny
It's a weird word. On the one hand, "winning" is functioning as a participial adjective, which is descriptive. By adding the "est," it makes it a word to state the degree. So one part of the word is adjectival, and the other part of the word is adverbial. I think it's officially classed by the OED as an "informal use only" word, because it really is a hybrid of two parts of speech that only exists to avoid the also-clunky (but grammatically-correct) prepositional phrase version of "the American-born goalie with the most career wins."

Either way, yay Quickie. :)

Reactions: 1989

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He's such a nice man and it's not often you see a backup goalie become a leader in the room, but he really is.
He's a competitor and is vocal in the room. He'll be the first to admit mistakes and I don't think he's ever taken credit for winning. I'm glad he worked on his game and found some left in the tank. There are a lot of great examples of his leadership out there.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As a Knights fan, i still find it weird that he got his name on the cup playing with the Knights last season.

Just never thought i would see Quick play in a Knights jersey lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad