Jonathan Huberdeau vs Brendan Gallagher

Who you rather have ?

• Total voters

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Gallagher...cheaper and a very rare breed that doesn't have many comparables.

A complimentary player like Huberdeau might help you make the playoffs, a player like Gallagher will help you go the distance whether it's by being chippy, energizing the team or getting on the scoreboard.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Why? Huberdeau is hardly a "complimentary player," he just gets no attention because he plays for Florida. He has 147 points in his last 167 games, since the beginning of 2016-17. Gallagher wouldn't crack the majority of NHL first lines.
Do you judge a guy like Bennett or Hamonic on points only?

Gallagher brings so much to a team aside from 30 goals. So much. He creates a lot of room for top line players in way that not many others can.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why? Huberdeau is hardly a "complimentary player," he just gets no attention because he plays for Florida. He has 147 points in his last 167 games, since the beginning of 2016-17. Gallagher wouldn't crack the majority of NHL first lines.

Gallagher makes any line he plays on a first line, as he is both a high end puck carrier and one of the best forecheckers and net crashers in the league. He doesn't get attention because fans immediately decided he's a 3rd liner because of his play style despite superb stats in every category at even strength since he came into the league. He is both a better scorer at 5 on 5 than Huberdeau over your chosen sample and a better defensive player. I don't think the gap in power play production is enough to make me take Huberdeau.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Do you judge a guy like Bennett or Hamonic on points only?

Gallagher brings so much to a team aside from 30 goals. So much. He creates a lot of room for top line players in way that not many others can.

Ok that's fine. Huberdeau is a first-line producer who is elite offensively. For wingers, I take dynamic scoring over grit and intangibles.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ok that's fine. Huberdeau is a first-line producer who is elite offensively. For wingers, I take dynamic scoring over grit and intangibles.

Gallagher scores 18% more primary points per minute than Huberdeau over the past three seasons at 5 on 5 but sure. It's just intangibles.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Elite?

He’s almost a PPG this season (currently) but has scored over 59 pts once in his career and never over 69 pts. Sure, he’s had a near elite 3-4 months but a player with so many seasons who has left a lot to be desired offensively for that many seasons previously shouldn’t be labeled elite so prematurely.

What would your specific definition of elite be anyhow?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Gallagher...cheaper and a very rare breed that doesn't have many comparables.

A complimentary player like Huberdeau might help you make the playoffs, a player like Gallagher will help you go the distance whether it's by being chippy, energizing the team or getting on the scoreboard.

I went Hubby, but why have I been seeing Gally Is a rare player? Seen it a couple times now. No doubt hes a damn good player but what's rare?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I went Hubby, but why have I been seeing Gally Is a rare player? Seen it a couple times now. No doubt hes a damn good player but what's rare?
There are only a handful of players who can score 30 goals and play virtually every shift with an intensity as though his mothers life was on the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad