Jonathan Huberdeau is only 10 points away from leading the NHL in points

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Do we have another Kucherov type of streak in our hands, which leads to similar point total????
not yet i suppose, but i think Jonathan is only getting started.
In his last 12 games (from December on) Huberdeau has 7 goals and 17 assists, 24 points

I think Jonathan Huberdeau is one of the least talked superstars in the NHL
and thus, underrated, greatly.

Great, but nice and slow progress each season in the NHL, last season scored over 90 points,
yet i didn't see much talk last season either, i think he needs way more talk here in HF
what he is getting.

This season has shown that he is more than just Sasha Barkov's "wingman"
- he can drive his own line

- What the HF think about Jonathan Huberdeau -

-----------------

1. McDavid 63 points
2. Draisaitl 61 points
3. Pastrnak 58 points
4. Marchand 58 points
5. MacKinnon 56 points
6. Huberdeau 53 points

Reactions: Dominance

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Hes underrated... but 10 points back at the halfway mark projects to 20 points back by end of season

Props for having his best stretch of hockey ever but premature to say hes a legitimate scoring contender

Its more likely he is unable to continue at this career best scoring pace over second half

Enjoy him though.. hes good

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
When i read this off season in a thread someone say that Huberdeau scored 90 points i had to go check. Then - i went to double and triple check on 2 more websites to make sure it wasnt a mistake.

He seems to be doing even better this year.

Definitely agree that he's one of the least talked about star players in this league. If what OP is saying is true that he's playing a lot without Barkov on his line this season - its ecen more impreasive.

Reactions: bh53 and nofehr

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
2-3 games in hand on 4 of the 5 players ahead of him could get him a little closer. I don’t expect anything insane but it’s possible Florida might finally have a 100 point scorer...maybe even two if Barkov picks up his pace slightly.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Has Florida ever had a guy in top 5 in points? Obviously bure was tops in goals

Bure was second to Jagr in 1999-2000 with 94 points in 74 games (Jagr had 96 in 63).

That’s why I can get onboard with TC’s enthusiasm. Florida doesn’t have a history of players finishing in the upper tier of the scoring race.

Reactions: The Pale King

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Hes underrated... but 10 points back at the halfway mark projects to 20 points back by end of season

Props for having his best stretch of hockey ever but premature to say hes a legitimate scoring contender

Its more likely he is unable to continue at this career best scoring pace over second half

After reading this, I had to take a look how he did last season during his 92 point year. He looked pretty consistent and then around the 58 game mark, he started going off scoring. Finished last year with 39 points in his final 24 games (17 goals 22 assists 1.63 ppg).

Combine that with what TC has brought to the table this morning (53 points in 38 games 1.40 ppg) and his stat line over his last 62 games played is for 33 goals 59 assists for 92 points, 1.48 ppg.

Not the largest sample size ever, but it has to be encouraging for Florida fans to see what is turning out to be more than what seems to be just a hot streak during the season (to outsiders).

I’m a lot less skeptical than I when I opened the thread.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Bure was second to Jagr in 1999-2000 with 94 points in 74 games (Jagr had 96 in 63).

That’s why I can get onboard with TC’s enthusiasm. Florida doesn’t have a history of players finishing in the upper tier of the scoring race.

Itd be awesome to see him up there. As a moose heads fan he was one of the few players i cheered for even playing against us.

I have always thought he was an exciting player.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He's approaching top 5 winger in the world status for me. Insanely talented and creates an unbelievable amount of chances.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
After reading this, I had to take a look how he did last season during his 92 point year. He looked pretty consistent and then around the 58 game mark, he started going off scoring. Finished last year with 39 points in his final 24 games (17 goals 22 assists 1.63 ppg).

Combine that with what TC has brought to the table this morning (53 points in 38 games 1.40 ppg) and his stat line over his last 62 games played is for 33 goals 59 assists for 92 points, 1.48 ppg.

Not the largest sample size ever, but it has to be encouraging for Florida fans to see what is turning out to be more than what seems to be just a hot streak during the season (to outsiders).

I’m a lot less skeptical than I when I opened the thread.
He is an infamously slow starter who produces more after Christmas.
In 2015-16 he had 4 goals with 39 GP. Finished the year with 20g in 76 GP.
It's part of a larger trend Florida's had for many seasons now. Underperform/play like ass halfway through, then turn into a lethal team in January/February.
Huberdeau is also mad consistent. Saw a stat on here earlier in the semester that he has never gone more than 6 games without a point in his whole career.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I remember when I thought we should offer Galchenyuk to the Panthers to try to get him and the Habs board was like "are you crazy ? Galchenyuk is a much better prospect!"

Good times.
No worries. At that moment, it was probably understandable.
And he loses every poll against one of his piers on here. So yeah, I think he's a well kept secret.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
On a related note, it's kind of incredible the Jagr effect: Since the start of thge 2015-2016 season, Barkov is 11th in points per game and Huby is 17th. (We traded at the end of the 14-15 season, but I couldn't find data for the end of the season) I think most fans would attribute this dominance due to Jagr's mentorship partially!
* edited Huby's stats to remove a couple players that played less than a 100 games!

Reactions: Lesky

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
On a related note, it's kind of incredible the Jagr effect: Since the start of thge 2015-2016 season, Barkov is 11th in points per game and Huby is 17th. (We traded at the end of the 14-15 season, but I couldn't find data for the end of the season) I think most fans would attribute this dominance due to Jagr's mentorship partially!
* edited Huby's stats to remove a couple players that played less than a 100 games!

I mean sure Jagr would have helped those 2 out ALOT, but in 2015, they were soooo young and still figuring things out and it's not surprising at all they would improve immensely regardless.

But I did hear always that Jagr was pretty much an extra assistant coach. He stayed late after practice and worked on alot of things with the young guys on the team

Jagr was important for their development, but they were still destined to dominate IMO. They have always been very special talents

Reactions: Lesky

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

He was actually farther back at the the quarter pole pole. So your projected end of season ......he could be closer rather than farther.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Does this mean this forum will stop peddling the BS line that Barkov has little to no support

Hubie is awesome, he's always impressed, and to nearly no fanfare his entire career. More productive in recent years obviously, but he's always given me that David Legwand vibe, the high draft pick who just low-key gets it done with little criticism or exultation.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
There were leaf fans in another thread that said Barkov and Huberdeau would be the leafs 4th and 5th best forward LOL

Huberdeau is amazing. Glad people are finally starting to see it. Florida is gonna battle Tampa for home ice in the first round this year

Reactions: kerrabria and bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad