Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Where Are Ü Now That We Need Ya? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Smart move would be to trade him this summer, for best return we can net.

Pressure will only mount on him, and he's shown himself not to be a player who excels under adversity of any kind.

If he's on the roster on opening day, and he's not lined up to an elite player he can coast off of, odds of his season being disastrous are much greater than the opposite (& his value will only decline further unless he improves significantly from last year)

MB's ego is, unfortunately, a major obstacle bc it's pretty clear we aren't getting top 8 draft pick value in return at this point.
Just scratch him once in a while...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Just scratch him once in a while...

3pts in 26games while being a liability defensively and adding no value, in the most important part of the season, didn't get him scratched.... Doubt it's an option (& would not be surprised in the least if that's a top down mandate cause it's hard to imagine CJ wasn't eager to bench him)

Reactions: OldCraig71

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
3pts in 26games while being a liability defensively and adding no value, in the most important part of the season, didn't get him scratched.... Doubt it's an option (& would not be surprised in the least if that's a top down mandate cause it's hard to imagine CJ wasn't eager to bench him)
A lot of issues with him. It's all on the sporting terms. Not on the personal terms. Such a unplayable diva player. Such a unplayable princess player. Argh... If we had a Burns'ish coach... Definitively he'd be overeducated and overdedicated. Like from a to z. Zero guts... Like from the staff and the administration. To do the best positive punishment thing toward him. The decrease of his minutes was absolutely nothing. Not a huge effects. It was just an warm up imho.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
A lot of issues with him. It's all on the sporting terms. Not on the personal terms. Such a unplayable diva player. Such a unplayable princess player. Argh... If we had a Burns'ish coach... Definitively he'd be overeducated and overdedicated. Like from a to z. Zero guts... Like from the staff and the administration. To do the best positive punishment thing toward him. The decrease of his minutes was absolutely nothing. Not a huge effects. It was just an warm up imho.

Being a diva sounds like personal issue to me; as blindsided by narcissism; hence self-damage and anxiety when the world reacts unaccordingly. It's as complex as Darth Vador in Star Wars, it's easy; although on the flip side Drouin also drives motivation from this chaos. I'm sure someone more competent within the Habs' brass will try to fix Jonathan, that's why I'd rather try one last time.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Being a diva sounds like personal issue to me; as blindsided by narcissism; hence self-damage and anxiety when the world reacts unaccordingly. It's as complex as Darth Vador in Star Wars, it's easy; although on the flip side Drouin also drives motivation from this chaos. I'm sure someone more competent within the Habs' brass will try to fix Jonathan, that's why I'd rather try one last time.
May the force be with me. May the force be with us. That's what I can say...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Drouin and hart in the same sentence.
giphy.gif

He's like the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ , he doesn't have a heart so he needs to acquire one...:sarcasm:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He's like the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ , he doesn't have a heart so he needs to acquire one...:sarcasm:
He is wasting his career and doesn't seem to care. Just a question, was Drouin raised in a wealthy family? I might be way off but he seems to have that rich kid entitled type of vibe.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Agreed, he completely checked out when the team needed him the most. I don't see what giving him one more year will do unless he decides to change his attitude. This has the potential to get worse and I would trade him asap before it ever gets to that level.

Reactions: bsl and Miller Time

Jul 6, 2016
He is wasting his career and doesn't seem to care. Just a question, was Drouin raised in a wealthy family? I might be way off but he seems to have that rich kid entitled type of vibe.

He is certainly a spoiled kid !

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
A lot of people don’t know that “Darth Vador” was a minor league hockey player related to Drouin.
Darth Vader on the other hand? He was a merciless Sith Lord that changed his habits in the last 20 minutes of life...

Reactions: FF de Mars

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

How do you think Drouin would react to being scratched? Do you think he'd take it as an opportunity to pick up his game or an opportunity to pout?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Agreed, he completely checked out when the team needed him the most. I don't see what giving him one more year will do unless he decides to change his attitude. This has the potential to get worse and I would trade him asap before it ever gets to that level.

Really curious has to what actually happen in the last part of the season.
Maybe there's things we don't know, but something happened. it's not normal.

I wouldn't take chance the either, if he starts like he ended last season, his value will drop really fast.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Was he raised in a wealthy family though? I am being serious and I was wondering if anyone knew.

Even if his family was wealthy, that’s not the problem. He had incredible talent growing up. That often leads to everyone kissing your *** and telling you how good you are. Everything came easy when he was younger. In the NHL, it doesn’t matter how skilled you are if you don’t work. I imagine that stunt he pulled in Tampa when he got sent to the minors came from nobody ever actually telling him he has things to work on because he’s good enough yet. Tough blow to an ego that was likely growing for years.

Reactions: cphabs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Even if his family was wealthy, that’s not the problem. He had incredible talent growing up. That often leads to everyone kissing your *** and telling you how good you are. Everything came easy when he was younger. In the NHL, it doesn’t matter how skilled you are if you don’t work. I imagine that stunt he pulled in Tampa when he got sent to the minors came from nobody ever actually telling him he has things to work on because he’s good enough yet. Tough blow to an ego that was likely growing for years.
He checked out on the habs just like he did in Tampa, it’s just that unlike the previous situation there was no public declaration on his part. It was clear though by his lack of enthusiasm that he quit on the team.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd keep him. He was on fire in the first half of the season... He needs to find his groove back, that's all. He's fast as f***, and has the best hands we had since Kovalev. At worst, he's a 50+ point player. At best, who knows?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'd keep him. He was on fire in the first half of the season... He needs to find his groove back, that's all. He's fast as ****, and has the best hands we had since Kovalev. At worst, he's a 50+ point player. At best, who knows?
“who knows”? Tampa and Yserman sure as hell did! Seriously, the idiot, Drouin, held out after his organization suggest that he had some things to work on. What did we do? Traded a 6’3 210lb 18 year old extremely mobile LD ....

Reactions: OldCraig71 and bsl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He checked out on the habs just like he did in Tampa, it’s just that unlike the previous situation there was no public declaration on his part. It was clear though by his lack of enthusiasm that he quit on the team.

Well, there was a public declaration. He referred to himself in the third person. :sarcasm:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Really curious has to what actually happen in the last part of the season.
Maybe there's things we don't know, but something happened. it's not normal.

I wouldn't take chance the either, if he starts like he ended last season, his value will drop really fast.
It’s perfectly normal for players like this to disappear in the last quarter. Happens all the time. The minute I saw him play his first game as a hab I saw this possibility. And I’m no genius. Just played and watched a lot of hockey.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'd keep him. He was on fire in the first half of the season... He needs to find his groove back, that's all. He's fast as ****, and has the best hands we had since Kovalev. At worst, he's a 50+ point player. At best, who knows?
His shooting was awful all year. Wonder if he stayed after practice to work on it. Lafleur did. Alone. A lot.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It’s perfectly normal for players like this to disappear in the last quarter. Happens all the time. The minute I saw him play his first game as a hab I saw this possibility. And I’m no genius. Just played and watched a lot of hockey.

I think many sees this as a slump….just a simple slump.
But i think it's more than that this time.

In the last 18 games:
- 3 points…..including 2 secondary assists
- He was -11 while closest to him were -5 and most players are in the positive
- He was the most used forward on the PP

That ain't normal.
Fighting for a PO spot and everybody else was contributing.
Guys like Armia, Thompson, Weal, Lehkonen...even Kulak put up 7 points or more.

It's not just that he stopped producing offensively, he was simply terrible at everything.
Probably cost the Habs a round of PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad