Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Trust me bro Edition

What's going on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Still has only 5 shots. He doesnt take enough shot.

He's always been more of a playmaker...

And, he's had some success passing this year. So, he seems even more looking to shoot. He passed up one chance to shoot right in the slot - to make an extra pass that turned into nothing. But, if he can keep producing like this, who cares how many goals or shots he has.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Drouin constantly embarrasses his detractors. Those who rag on him have been looking silly for years and even more so this season. Best player on the ice tonight.

7 games doesn't make a season.

Who was he making look silly when he had points in like 3 of the final 27 game when we were in the midst of a big push to try to make the playoffs - besides himself and his apologists?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

And, he's had some success passing this year. So, he seems even more looking to shoot. He passed up one chance to shoot right in the slot - to make an extra pass that turned into nothing. But, if he can keep producing like this, who cares how many goals or shots he has.

He is very fortunate to have 8 points and will not keep up this pace if he stays on the perimeter and refuses to shoot.

Having more points than Suzuki is clearly a fluke.......he has been decent but the numbers are a little flattering.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He is very fortunate to have 8 points and will not keep up this pace if he stays on the perimeter and refuses to shoot.

Having more points than Suzuki is clearly a fluke.......he has been decent but the numbers are a little flattering.

I don't agree that he stays in the perimeter this year but that being said yes he need to shoot more. He will be less predictable and he has a really goos shoot. If the other D cheat on the pass he will have more space to take that shoot and he will be a way more dangerous player.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Btw, in the 2nd period, when he passed the puck to Romanov who wrist shotted it, it would’ve been a beauty if AR27 passes to Anderson on his left, he was alone for the empty netter
I agree, but the rookie was excited, home ice. Fan favorite, All alone, the crowd would of went crazy!!!

...sorry, forgot about Covid, yup, should have passed

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Btw, in the 2nd period, when he passed the puck to Romanov who wrist shotted it, it would’ve been a beauty if AR27 passes to Anderson on his left, he was alone for the empty netter
The kid was probably too antsy to get a goal on home ice. I think Romanov has good vision. Maybe Anderson should have tapped his stick on the ice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tonight’s game exemplified what peoples hope were from Drouin when he was drafted.

And the reason why we traded for him and it took Sergachev. Drouin is not a line driver and he had difficulty with being a soft winger in the mix of young centers with other soft wingers. Talent needs to play with talent and we also need some power forward types in the mix. The changes we made in the offseason directly addressed that area and this is why we are seeing good results from Drouin and others.

Context vs Excuses? Right now, his struggles in previous seasons were due to context more than excuses. He's a good top 6 talent in his prime but needs to be in the right situation to excel. He's not the only one in the NHL like that. I actually think he has another level but needs to keep building on his confidence cause that was shattered from past season struggles. It's still fragile but he can overcome it and lets hope we get great value from him in the last 3 years of his contract

Last edited:

HeussLenfoire

Jan 21, 2021
What I like from Drouin this year is that he doesn’t hesitate to go battle behind the opponent’s net, and when he has the the puck there, it’s easy for a talented player like him to do a long pass to unbalance the opposition’s defence, as we’ve seen on the Weber goal or on the Romanov wrist shot

Let’s hope he keeps it up

We don’t play Ovechkin this year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Romanov is still adjusting to the NHL and less time and space. He's a good one but we don't really know how good until he reaches his comfort level. Right now, it appears Romanov has shooter mentality. I'm fine with it.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What I like from Drouin this year is that he doesn’t hesitate to go battle behind the opponent’s net, and when he has the the puck there, it’s easy for a talented player like him to do a long pass to unbalance the opposition’s defence, as we’ve seen on the Weber goal or on the Romanov wrist shot

Let’s hope he keeps it up

We don’t play Ovechkin this year

Context is deep. Others soft wingers like him all over the NHL but usage and what center and other winger you play with are factors. Our 3 line attack with a very good 4th line is a game changer for Drouin and several other players

Reactions: angusyoung

HeussLenfoire

Jan 21, 2021
Romanov is still adjusting to the NHL and less time and space. He's a good one but we don't really know how good until he reaches his comfort level. Right now, it appears Romanov has shooter mentality. I'm fine with it.

I didn’t blame him btw, I liked his confidence and I think he can grow into a superstar if he keeps this mentality, but the bestestestestest play would’ve been to pass

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I didn’t blame him btw, I liked his confidence and I think he can grow into a superstar if he keeps this mentality, but the bestestestestest play would’ve been to pass

Agreed but that's easy for us to say. He's a 21 year old playing NHL in his 1st season playing 19 min a game. I think he's still growing and developing but right now, it's about adjusting. I support him shooting first and getting some goals on his resume and then working on vision. Last thing I want is another pass happy player.

What about Suzuki when he forced a pass to Anderson (turnover) and should have shot last night? That's what I'm talking about.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica

nope. When he played as a center in his first season with the Habs he was a shooter first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad