Jonathan Drouin Trolls Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
Actually, athleticism has been find to be positively correlated with higher IQ, so most athletic people are slight more intelligent on average. Probably not by a lot but not dumber.

Education level might have an impact though since majority don't go to college and their high school attendance is questionable at best.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Saying athletes are dumb meat heads is stuff that guys who are weak/unathletic say to make themselves feel better about themselves. The thought that there could be people who are both athletic and intelligent is devastating for them.

Or we’re 6’0” 190lbs and have actually met a lot of athletes because we used to work as assistant coaches in a professional league :dunno:
Actually, athleticism has been find to be positively correlated with higher IQ, so most athletic people are slight more intelligent on average. Probably not by a lot but not dumber.

Education level might have an impact though since majority don't go to college and their high school attendance is questionable at best.

Intelligence is like any other muscle, if you don’t train your brain because you’re working on your body & technique 24/7, those mental faculties end up under developed regardless of their genetic potential.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
the irony of Drouin possibly trolling another team for not getting along. Guessing he forgot how he demanded a trade while in Tampa. Seems like a great character guy and teammate.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
How is that trolling? Dude's first language isn't English, it could very well be a translation error or misspeak. Hockey players are pretty dense and dumb guys overall.

Hockey players, professional & fans are pretty dense and dumb overall but only the biggest brained would take the time to post it on a hockey forum at 5 in the morning.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Funny stuff.

It sounds more like an error as opposed to a deliberate joke but I laughed.

Accidentally trolling?

That's my guess. Drouin doesnt seem to be much of a troll, unless most of his trolling is so sly no one gets it.

In the playoffs against Detroit with Tampa he seemed to troll a bit on the ice, but that was it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
the irony of Drouin possibly trolling another team for not getting along. Guessing he forgot how he demanded a trade while in Tampa. Seems like a great character guy and teammate.
The feud was between Drouin and coaching rather that other players.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Hockey players, professional & fans are pretty dense and dumb overall but only the biggest brained would take the time to post it on a hockey forum at 5 in the morning.
It was in the afternoon when I posted. Time difference.

I have to wake up at 3:00 AM to watch games :(

Reactions: Whaleafs

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Safely, yes. Thanks for trying - we can extend my statement to include more hockey professionals and fans too.
A lot of people in hockey are dumb but what you are missing is all the other dumb people in all other sports or parts of life. There are an extreme amount of stupid people in the world and i am certainly pretty stupid at times.
I have played with people who now are nurses, lawyers, professors, doctors, works in finance, work at a gas station, carpenter, electrician etc.

My experience is that a lot of people that have played hockey are very funny/less serious in more aspects of life where its more " politically correct" to be serious. That can make them look less "smart" or a little stupid even if that might be the wrong way to put it. I also think we are very quick to call a person smart/dumb because of their job.

A friend of mine has no college degree but he is one of the smartest people i have ever met, he just doesnt fit into the go to university for 5 years and get a desk job wearing a suit and work until you have a great job with a very good pay. He has a very high IQ and knows more about pretty much everything than most of the people i know but his job isnt a very "cool" job. He is also always making jokes/having fun in social settings which not everyone enjoys when they become boring adults...

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad