Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 5

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He's not even *talented skilled and flashy* , no seriously why do people still say this about him when we've seen him for years do absolutely nothing skillfully out there.

I remember he caught a stretch pass saucer pass with his hands , very nice hand eye probably the most skilled play hes ever done here. No but seriously why do people still talk about his *Skillz and danglez* ?? Am I missing something? Genuinely curious, or are the skills and danglez from his Q days and against orange cones supposed to magically translate to the NHL level now over night?

Would love to hear what some posters find hes very *skilled* at doing. I remember he had a nice overtime goal with Tampa! Do people still think he's that guy or something? I don't get it.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I struggle to understand what is your point ? You act like Drouin being low effort is a fiction ? Seriously ?!

I dont believe that because ive read other posters..i believe that from my own eyes.

Like this interview with Chantal where they had to avoid many subject was not a puff piece ?

I have given all the chance to Drouin and I feel like the org has given him PLENTYYY of rope . We have tried to insulate him as possible , feed him PP time even if he was a turnover machine. It did not work. Now I think we might as well try the hard line with him.

Maybe, just maybe, he overthinks the game and it makes him lose the fraction of second he needs to make the play.

Maybe that fraction of second is making him look likes he does not work but in fact it’s the contrary.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don’t know if he still has sleeping troubles but I’d guess it’s pretty hard to have drive without sleep.
He seems fine, when he has time and space............he is a 100ft player.....
He is the most lazy back checking guy you are ever gonna watch.....and in most cases, he just leaves the ice and lets his replacement get back to the play late.
This year, was supposed to be different..........he got his self care, and he was ready to go.................and, here we are.
I was hopeful we would finally see THE player and his talent....shine.
Nope............lazy and uninspired.....does he care, maybe, it doesn't show on the ice....only what he says off the ice.
Trade him for subway coupons boys.....or buy him out this summer...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Gotta figure Drouin is excited about playing for MSL..........is it enough? I dunno but hope he takes the shot when healthy and runs with it. Won't hurt if he helps the squad or ups his value. If it's the same player......oh well.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He's not even *talented skilled and flashy* , no seriously why do people still say this about him when we've seen him for years do absolutely nothing skillfully out there.

I remember he caught a stretch pass saucer pass with his hands , very nice hand eye probably the most skilled play hes ever done here. No but seriously why do people still talk about his *Skillz and danglez* ?? Am I missing something? Genuinely curious, or are the skills and danglez from his Q days and against orange cones supposed to magically translate to the NHL level now over night?

Would love to hear what some posters find hes very *skilled* at doing. I remember he had a nice overtime goal with Tampa! Do people still think he's that guy or something? I don't get it.
Tampa playoff replay where he deked 3 guys. Stuff of legends. Anyone deserves 10 years off after that one highlight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Still waiting on Drouin to play center. I'm sure that's going to work out great.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Still waiting on Drouin to play center. I'm sure that's going to work out great.

We're really digging deep for content as we wait for trades apparently. Bashing a guy that's injured long term about an article where he essentially just says he'll do whatever the team wants him to... that was published in late August with a different coach and GM? Why?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure why this needed to be posted again.....seems kind of petty. It's one thing to not like the guy, but this is just weak.

I decided to post this here rather than pursue a Drouin discussion that was going on in another thread.

Another poster claimed that he was curious to see what MSL would do with Drouin.

What's weak is you spewing from your high horse. Thanks for nothing.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're really digging deep for content as we wait for trades apparently. Bashing a guy that's injured long term about an article where he essentially just says he'll do whatever the team wants him to... that was published in late August with a different coach and GM? Why?

I just explained that another poster claimed that he was curious about what MSL would do with Drouin. My contention is that he won't do squat with him, he is who he is. That was the point of bringing up the Tweet. We've seen Drouin fail at center already. Four seasons later, the guy has no self awareness and still claims he can play center. He can't be helped.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I just explained that another poster claimed that he was curious about what MSL would do with Drouin. My contention is that he won't do squat with him, he is who he is. That was the point of bringing up the Tweet. We've seen Drouin fail at center already. Four seasons later, the guy has no self awareness and still claims he can play center. He can't be helped.
Marty would more than likely bench Drouin for a half a$$ed effort as we all have become used to.....it would not go well for JD.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gotta figure Drouin is excited about playing for MSL..........is it enough? I dunno but hope he takes the shot when healthy and runs with it. Won't hurt if he helps the squad or ups his value. If it's the same player......oh well.

It's not. Unless Marty can impart some of his strength into the lad. Drouin's problem is Drouin is weak.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Drouin would definitely do better with MSL. MSL's system has less structure and allows the players more freedom, which is something that would benefit pure offensive players like Drouin and Hoffman.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Drouin would definitely do better with MSL. MSL's system has less structure and allows the players more freedom, which is something that would benefit pure offensive players like Drouin and Hoffman.

No doubt, Drouin isn't the player we wanted (a Huberdeau 2.0), but he can be a Perron 2.0 with MSL system.

I think Drouin will surprise us and with his skillset, don't think that Gorton and Hughes want really give up on him.

Last edited:

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
No doubt, Drouin isn't the player we wanted (a Huberdeau 2.0), but he can be a Perron 2.0 with MSL system.

I think Drouin will surprise us and with his skillset, don't think thar Gorton and Hughes want really give up on him.

I do too. He's still ultra talented and a pretty damn good skater. I think it's reasonable to think an all offense player under an offensive minded coach can take his 55ish points up at least 10-15 points and that production for a 5.5 Millon player is worth it to me.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
JD is a perimeter player, who admits he can't shoot because of an injury....the guy would not be able to play for Scotty Bowman......face it the guy is not built for an NHL game....lots of talent, but...................

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
JD is a perimeter player, who admits he can't shoot because of an injury....the guy would not be able to play for Scotty Bowman......face it the guy is not built for an NHL game....lots of talent, but...................

He had a complicit buddy-coach in Ducharme who gifted him with all kinds of opportunities and he was doing the same old perimeter stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad