Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well said.........we all hope for this, as we are Habs fans.....god forbid we point out the obvious on a player who has not lived up to expectations.
We need this guy to have a good season...

Yeah, also well said. FFS, when we traded for Drouin, I changed my avatar to a Drouin one. I don’t hate the kid at all and while I want him to excel, we also need him to as well.

I dunno, I may had said stupid and regrettable things about Drouin when he was really stinking up the place, and I do/would apologize for anything personal, but hockey is something else. Simply put, player success means team success and end of the day, we all want to win. If a player doesn’t perform, well, they need to own it.

Reactions: Habs13 and BLONG7

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin to his credit has made some great trades, this was however, his absolute worst.
5.5 of wasted cap space

Reactions: BLONG7

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
In fairness, you can find this in a lot of player threads… the worst is the past season’s KK thread. The same posters continued to pile on in the offer sheet, good bye KK and Dvorak threads also.

Drouin and Danault threads are hardly the worst.

As for #92, I hope he’s recovered and has a solid season this year.
The Danault and KK threads were equally as toxic last year

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don’t regret anything that I have ever written here in reference to Jonathan Drouin. I didn’t make up any of it. I have consistently said that I thought he was the most naturally talented player on the team but didn’t live up to his potential because he is unwilling to do what it takes to get there.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I read that Anderson and Drouin are living together. Any truth to that?
If this is true, I think it could be greatly beneficial for Drouin.

Personally I'd like to see a Drouin Dvorak Anderson line.

Reactions: ZUKI and BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I read that Anderson and Drouin are living together. Any truth to that?
If this is true, I think it could be greatly beneficial for Drouin.

Personally I'd like to see a Drouin Dvorak Anderson line.
Living together like Cary Grant & Randolph Scott, or living together as in you can have the blonde and I'll take the one with the Mohawk?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I’ve noticed a trend in this thread that the very same people dismissing KK’s ability to put it all together are the same folks telling everyone that “this is the year” for Drouin. So I’m wondering what convinces people that Drouin still has room to grow at 26 while KK is done at 21
I don't think that so much fans believe that KK is done at 21. More that he's where he is. That means that KK could turned into a very good player but that he isn't ready yet, for a full 2nd centre job.
Drouin is a special player, very skilled, and he never reached his full potential. I don't want to blame everybody but him for that , but there is a kind of bad karma with him.
First season playing centre first line for the first time,with not so good players but big big expectations from the fans .
Then that second season, when he was doing better at wing but had this nose problem, that reduced his breath capacity.
To end , that season when he started playing very well until a wrist injury.

I know, all the players get injuries, played with lesser good team mates... But the fact is that Drouin was playing good hockey last 3 seasons, he was even the best player on the ice several nights. But as these seasons were going, his production was droping and droping.

I think that 's why some of us still believe that he could put it together at one point.

Reactions: FF de Mars

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
It's shocking that this organization kept a french speaking player, who has been mediocre at best and hasn't lived up to expectations, over a young upcoming 21 year old center. Maybe KK overvalued himself but I can't blame him when players around the league are overpaid and don't contribute to the team's success. Once again, MB slept on the wheel. Excluding the Price, Drouin and Byron caphits, KK could have easily been signed to a comfortable 3.5/4 mil dollar bridge deal and the team could have traded a first for Dvorak.

Since Price, BargainBin has either traded, lost or released former first rounders which says a lot about player development. I don't expect Jo to be anything special this upcoming season. He should have been placed on unconditional waivers for an eventual buy-out. That would have at least helped the player sign elsewhere and get another crack at it. Expectations will be extremely high this season and I don't see this failed experiment lasting longer than it should. Hopefully, he has a solid start to merit a trade for some needed help at the backend.

Once again, Alzner and Drouin are the gifts that keep on giving. Many thanks to BargainBin for trading a promising LD to please the media.
KK signed an offer sheet of 6,1 m$ for one season. Bergevin didn't match it because he needs to kept that money for Suzuki next season and aslo because - as you just said it yourself- KK at 3,5m$ would have been ok but at 6,1m$ ??? no way.
It's on KK and Carolina, not on Bergevin and even less on Drouin

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
KK signed an offer sheet of 6,1 m$ for one season. Bergevin didn't match it because he needs to kept that money for Suzuki next season and aslo because - as you just said it yourself- KK at 3,5m$ would have been ok but at 6,1m$ ??? no way.
It's on KK and Carolina, not on Bergevin and even less on Drouin
They waited too long to bridge KK.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
and who said to you that it was the Habs that wait too long, instead of KK's agent that knew what was going on with Canes that didn't sign the offer from the Habs ? It's too easy to blame Bergevin, no ?
If KK was not signing it, then he should have been shopped around. Also, there was a precedence with Aho.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If KK was not signing it, then he should have been shopped around. Also, there was a precedence with Aho.
and who said that he hasn't been shopped ? assumptions after assumptions...Sorry, but i think that your nickname says it all about your agenda to discredit Bergevin. And you will turn anything you can - with a lot of imagination- to prove Bergy was/is/will be wrong

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
and who said that he hasn't been shopped ? assumptions after assumptions...Sorry, but i think that your nickname says it all about your agenda to discredit Bergevin. And you will turn anything you can - with a lot of imagination- to prove Bergy was/is/will be wrong
Amazing deduction ability on your part! :laugh:

Reactions: ZUKI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad