Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Guy Laflamme edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The scale says maturity and production. Not just maturity. I'm talking about the eye test and I see less mistakes from Drouin this year. What actual stats can we use to prove this? Only thing I can think about is turnovers

16/17 (Age 21): 65 turnovers in 73 games (0.89/game)
17/18 (Age 22): 56 turnovers in 77 games (0.73/game)
18/19 (Age 23): 42 turnovers in 70 games (0.60/game)

By this logic, I guess Kucherov is a lot less mature then Drouin because he gives the puck up almost twice as much. Turnovers is a useless stat unless you put context behind it. Drouin still makes the same crippling plays he always has which suggests he’s not learning. I really hope you have more then that.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You are all telling me Drouin is valuable and worth something but can’t tell me what he’s worth and who would trade for him. Truth is Yzerman waited until Bergevin was desperate for a French Canadian superstar and bit. Can you honestly say Bergevin would have traded for Drouin if he wasn’t FC?.

10 foot pole

PR stunt s'all im sayin

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I could be wrong but lets say we trade him cause we don't have faith in him. This could back fire big time. I would love to see Drouin play with a real top 6 center. Right now we have two guys (Domi and Kotkaniemi) playing center for the first time in the NHL and Danault is not the type of offensive center Drouin needs.
I absolutely agree. I want to see him full-time playing with NHL centers.

I hope the Habs don't trade him. But I don't think they will. His production is in line with his pay, and it's very difficult to find players with his skill set.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad