Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Guy Laflamme edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I would like to know where this saying originated. I assume it wasnt for skilled players not giving effort all the time, or for crazy women on facebook.
It's a quote often attached to Marilyn Monroe pictures that crazy women post to justify their bat shit behavior.

No idea if the quote originated from her.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I dont care if he had a few good games... that guy has zero clutch in him. We dont need him for the playoffs.

Reactions: Pomee

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I dont care if he had a few good games... that guy has zero clutch in him. We dont need him for the playoffs.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that there is no clutch in him, especially since he recently scored game winning goals.

He didn't have a great game , I find he wasn't moving his feet enough , at one point looked like he was skating in quicksand. Certain times I see the player that frustrates me and then I get frustrated even more when I see his play in Winnipeg where he was a dominant offensive forward. It shows what we are missing out on some nights. Especially when we are a team that needs our best forwards to produce.

Consistency is what makes an elite player not just the flashes of talent. I sincerely hope Drouin can rebound (and figure it out consistently) or he will be forever known as an strong offensive forward but with quite a few unfortunate caveats.

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Pacioretty is 30 not 23. Drouin is not even in his prime and he proved a couple of times that he is clutch. How can you say that he is not clutch ?

Drouin is 23 not 17

What ever you see now is his plateau. His decision making is garbage.

Pk was 21 when came here and he was making good decision without the puck.

Drouin is being paid like an established player not like a rookie.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drouin is 23 not 17

Don’t care about Pk we are talking about Drouin

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
lol - Drouin didn't play such a bad game tonight. His aim was off though so it didn't help but he could've very well scored the winning goal.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I will give JD a pass for tonights effort, he did do some good things defensively and probably should have had an assist in the first period if we could hae converted on his attempts. I know he has it in him because I saw it against the jets.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Drouin's been finally producing at even strength this year and that's great news.

Already eclipsed all his previous years in the league in term of even strength points and we have quite some games left to play.

He's having a good season.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

People know what you mean.

But... his 9 points in 3 games (or 9 in 4 games) changed (personally speaking) my mind about him.

That is a 100+ point player production rate... if he can figure out his personal formula for NHL consistency.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Drouin is 23 not 17

PK made terrible decisions at times. Not sure why you'd bring him up because he was so good BUT he also was having brain farts much too often.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
People know what you mean.

But... his 9 points in 3 games (or 9 in 4 games) changed (personally speaking) my mind about him.

That is a 100+ point player production rate... if he can figure out his personal formula for NHL consistency.

It means absolutly nothing

This guy was the reason they let Radulove go, a really dominant hockey player who played with intensity even in the po.

Drouin played in the po once and that was with tb. Here in his first year he struggled big time, now besides a few very good games he’s been terrible.

The worst part is when he doesnt have the puck hes lost.

Reactions: Pomee

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Honestly, it's the perfect time to trade Drouin. He's showcasing a lot, better trade him before he goes back to Casper-mode.

That’s after his big performance against the Jets.

Went back to Casper mode. This kid is ruining our team. And nobody calls him out. Media is afraid because Drouin is being backed by Bergevin.

It amazes me how he gets away with playing like this. He makes crucial turnovers much more than winning plays than compared to PK Subban ever did. Yet, PK was criticized by most of the fake fans, media and freaking coach Therrien. That’s absolute BS.

Drouin deserves to be scratched and watch a couple of games from the press. Honestly, bravo to Yzerman for stealing Sergachev from us for this absolute piece of expired player.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Now, many posters here can confirm that I could never be confused with a Drouin fanboi, but trade him? For what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad