Jonathan Drouin back to life?

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
But we had a 100% done thread only 2 months ago...

To be fair I voted for him on the breakout year thread and I am kinda mad at the slow start. Good job nevertheless Drouin.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Great story, do denying.

He found a perfect fit with the Avalanche.

I just wonder how useful he’d be at $2 million or more on most teams in this league?
I mean if he continues to play like he has off the puck he's a legit addition to anyones top 6. That's the million dollar question though.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
He's been listening to Evanescence
1bc.jpg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He’s good pals with MacKinnon so not surprised Nate has been the biggest factor in Drouins bounce back. Will be interesting to see if the Avs resign him this summer or upgrade him with someone like Lindholm.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Gotta love a comeback story.

I remember his draft year. He outpointed MacKinnon and looked like a complete wizard on the ice. He toyed with teams on the PP. Happy things have turned the corner for him.
He was electric that one run with Tampa too

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
He’s good pals with MacKinnon so not surprised Nate has been the biggest factor in Drouins bounce back. Will be interesting to see if the Avs resign him this summer or upgrade him with someone like Lindholm.
If they don’t re-sign him it won’t be for a player like lindholm, they don’t have the cap space for it. They’ll try their best to get him at a bargain price or they will have to move on and try for another buy low candidate imo.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yes I am sure Mack was a great factor in Drouin's bounce back but IMO Bednar has had the bigger impact on him. The biggest change in Drouin is not his play with the puck. It is his play away from the puck. He is truly a 200' player now and this is not something he has learned from Mack (although Mack has improved quite a bit defensively). He had a rough start with the team and Bednar had to scratch him a couple of time. Congrats to him how he reacted to those scratched. Instead of sulking he was willing to learn and adapt his game to the team's system. Bednar not only taught him to play very well defensively but also to shoot more, forecheck better and play more physical. He is now a much more complete player by quite a margin in fact.

Unfortunately that also means he probably priced himself out of Colorado. However he REALLY likes it with the Avs so it is possible he takes a sizable discount to stay where he is so comfortable. The Avs don't have a lot of cap space to keep him though.

Reactions: RR44

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Guys who can skate well and are skilled almost always seem to find success in Colorado. Not surprising that he's working out pretty well there imo.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
your personal attacks because i was critical of the media. you're being a part of the problem.
Let's be clear. You continue to *try* to troll Montreal fans for some lame reason. Your lame response is hypocritical and lazy. You can't seem to maintain a train of thought and keep moving the goalposts.

I hope you have a good night. It seems like you are.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Let's be clear. You continue to *try* to troll Montreal fans for some lame reason. Your lame response is hypocritical and lazy. You can't seem to maintain a train of thought and keep moving the goalposts.

I hope you have a good night. It seems like you are.
more personal attacks. maybe just stick to the topic instead

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This is a perfect example of the player benefiting from his linemates.

I've watched him for a long time. He's lucky to be where he is at for sure.

He's always had talent. No doubt there.

Can anyone show me who his primary line mates are...with stats?

Thanks. Don't be fooled.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This is a perfect example of the player benefiting from his linemates.

I've watched him for a long time. He's lucky to be where he is at for sure.

He's always had talent. No doubt there.

Can anyone show me who his primary line mates are...with stats?

Thanks. Don't be fooled.

What does it matter? You're getting a 50+ point player for 850k, how's he being anything but extemely good value. Skilled players benefits off other skilled players, news at 10.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
he needed out of montreal. unrealistic expectations were placed on him by fans and media there.

Bergevin decided to make this guy our 1C. Not the fans/media.

And the fans/media were really kind to him all things considered. He was left alone for the most part. It could've been waaaaaaaaaaay worse.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Bergevin decided to make this guy our 1C. Not the fans/media.

And the fans/media were really kind to him all things considered. He was left alone for the most part. It could've been waaaaaaaaaaay worse.
hes a good player but hes not the star forward on a team or a 1c. he was put in a position to fail imo. i dont think the fans or media left him alone at all but as you said it could have been way worse. it wasnt as bad as kessel in toronto was also put in a similar position. drouin needed out of montreal and to go to a team like colorado where he's pretty far down the totem poll or i think he'd also do pretty well in a smaller american market like columbus where the hockey players have much more anonymity.
Maybe you need to take a break, which is the entire point. I'm not sure you understand what a personal attack is.
anything to say about drouin, anything at all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad