Jonathan Drouin back to life?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's been a difficult time for Jonathan Drouin in the last few years. Issues with his mental health, injuries, pressure from fans and media in Montreal and all in all not living up to expectations. It was sad to see a player with so much talent struggle not only on the ice but also off the ice. Playing in front of your loved ones in a city where you get constantly criticized publicly cannot be easy to live with on a daily basis.

It was clear that a change of scenery could be beneficial for him and it seems to be the case. Going to Colorado on a low AAV proved to be a savvy move. A place where he can play with less pressure, on a winning team, with strong leadership, and where he can have a new beginning.

This has to be one of the feel good stories of the season. It seems like Drouin is coming from far and he's been slowly gaining his confidence back and has looked more and more like himself. Truly feels like a breath of fresh air to see him seemingly enjoying playing hockey again.

68GP - 14G - 32A - 46PTS @ 825K

Great value for the Avs but it's amazing to see Jonathan Drouin, the person, thriving again.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Seems like he's finally comfortable, too much pressure and/or expectations in tampa and obviously montreal.

Now just settled in colorado, strong leadership group and coaching, familiarity with macK, less spotlight, doesn't have to be a top three fwd generating on his own, just do what he's good at and don't worry about the rest.

Good for him, prob signs a multi year value deal to stay in denver.

Reactions: banks

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Biggest difference from the start of the year is his commitment and effort in his 2way play.
Honestly think that contributing noticeably beyond just the scoresheet helps curtail the pressure he feels when he isn't scoring.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
He started the year out struggling as well. I didn't think he would improve. He's probably near a point per game from when it all clicked for him to now.

Last edited:

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Tired of underachieving and wanna reboot your career? Want a comeback story like Drouin or Nuke? Come to Colorado
suge-at-source-awards.jpg

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Habs tried to make him a center then a 2 way winger. He was finally looking good and he got that wrist injury by ovie.
Couldn’t find his game since then essentially didn’t have a role on the habs.
Good to see him thriving

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I expected him to produce but I always thought it would be points from just passing to Mack, Rantanen or Makar without him doing much on these points. I'm pleasantly surprised on his effort and two-way play. We all heard from some Habs fans or media that he was lazy and soft along the board. This year he really turned it around. Sadly I think he's pricing himself out.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Surprised on how well hes played defensively and on the backcheck. The points arent a surprise, i actually hoped for near ppg but in colorado theres only so much touchs. Hes done well though with his vision and passing when he gets to drive the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad