Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
false rumor started by Sekeres that we are "shopping" Dhalen. Like really? I doubt teams are really letting Benning they know they are interested in him, let alone, he does have established personal friendship with Pettersson and chemistry to some extent, so, no, I doubt he is being shopped.

False rumours.

So the rumour is false because you believe it to be false?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
So the rumour is false because you believe it to be false?

yup.

He's considered a no go when it comes to inside information. IN MY OPINION .

I highly doubt Managers are lining up for 21 year olds who has 29 points in 50 games while playing top 6 minutes at the AHL.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
yup.

I highly doubt Managers are lining up for 21 year olds who has 29 points in 50 games while playing top 6 minutes at the AHL.

What do you mean by "considered a no go when it comes to inside information"?

Are you claiming insider info here?

Reactions: Son of Petter

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That's the problem with social media....some twit on Twitter, without a shred of insider information, tweets out some speculative trade rumor and the next thing you know the fire is fanned on the worldwide web.

But I suppose a guy like Eklund has made a living off of the same approach for years. It is what it is, I guess.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
That's the problem with social media....some twit on Twitter, without a shred of insider information, tweets out some speculative trade rumor and the next thing you know the fire is fanned on the worldwide web.

But I suppose a guy like Eklund has made a living off of the same approach for years. It is what it is, I guess.

Matt Sekeres works for TSN though and more specifically Canucks team 1040 Radio. He isn't some twi on twitter and why do you say he has no insider information? It's quite obvious that it is his job to interact with Canucks organization.

Reactions: PM

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Matt Sekeres works for TSN though and more specifically Canucks team 1040 Radio. He isn't some twi on twitter and why do you say he has no insider information? It's quite obvious that it is his job to interact with Canucks organization.
What’s funny about the post you quoted, a known connected media player in Commodore seems to be doing just that, having a bit of fun with the whole TDL thing.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
What’s funny about the post you quoted, a known connected media player in Commodore seems to be doing just that, having a bit of fun with the whole TDL thing.

Are you trying to say that Sekeres is stating his opinion for hits?

member 290103

yup.

He’s got connections here and there. He never said that there was lots of interest in the player. He said the Canucks have soured on him.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sekeres has just become another one of the media trolls..Not really a fan, seems arrogant to me ..TSN 1040 has become somewhat irrelevant (except Ferraro) since they lost the Canucks broadcasts...To be relevant, they now have to resort to yelling ,and hissy fits (Botchford) on the air..total joke.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Sekeres has just become another one of the media trolls..Not really a fan, seems arrogant to me ..TSN 1040 has become somewhat irrelevant (except Ferraro) since they lost the Canucks broadcasts...To be relevant, they now have to resort to yelling ,and hissy fits (Botchford) on the air..total joke.
I disagree that they are irrelevant. They have plenty of good guests on the show mckenzie, ferraro, lebrun, tomlinson, botchford, burke, etc... even Freidman has been on TSN Radio

I think they have a pretty balanced group of people that not only give information but give their opinions on the matter. You can disagree with their opinions but that doesn't make them irrelevant or invalid. Even Botchford has plenty of sources that allow him to make these claims you disagree with. If it wasn't true, he'd be getting hit with lawsuits right now.

Sekeres stated it's his understanding in the quote so I take it that it's how he interprets the information given to him from his connections of the Vancouver Canucks. I think this is very good information and one worth significance and relevancy in discussing. Dahlen is not progressing as well as expected and it's understandable the Canucks are souring on him. However, I disagree with the direction of this move. Dahlen's potential is something we won't find fair value for in a trade.

Reactions: TruKnyte

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I listen to Sekeres and Price mostly on my drive home but I don't think Sekeres can be relied upon as an "insider" type source. Wasn't he also the guy who started the rumor that Pettersson might stay another year in Sweden?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I listen to Sekeres and Price mostly on my drive home but I don't think Sekeres can be relied upon as an "insider" type source. Wasn't he also the guy who started the rumor that Pettersson might stay another year in Sweden?

I was trying to dig that up..

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Dahlen may well be developing poorly. If I watched him I'd have some idea of whether or not this is true. As it is I have none at all. Honestly, all the prominent Comets posters in here seem so consistently negative about both players and management that I don't feel confident taking their judgements seriously, or accepting that what they write here represents their actual judgements. The rest of us don't watch him -- let's admit it. Dedicated anti-management posters take anything negative said about Dahlen or inferred from his statistics as evidence he's a bust, and the resident handful of "Benning Bros," who I suspect are mostly trolls who have found a very angry group of people to provoke, do the opposite.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
So what’s the deal with this guy now? After disappointing the Canucks and getting traded to the Sharks in a prospect swap he went back to Sweden and led his team in goals and points (36g, 77p in 51 games) last season and now he is just crushing it at the start of this season (6g, 15p in 6 games)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So what’s the deal with this guy now? After disappointing the Canucks and getting traded to the Sharks in a prospect swap he went back to Sweden and led his team in goals and points (36g, 77p in 51 games) last season and now he is just crushing it at the start of this season (6g, 15p in 6 games)
Isn’t he still playing in Sweden’s version of the AHL? Not that impressive then. Maybe he just prefers dominating against lesser competition and being close to home.

Reactions: themelkman

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I dont really understand Dahlen. Hes obviously good enough for the SHL. Why is he still playing on Timra. Hes obviously very comfortable and loyal to the organization as this is his 5th year with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad