Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Notice who is in 2nd place in scoring
This years presumably top 10 pick

C5tHS2DVAAM7nbr.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
C'mon dude. You do know who Thomas Chabot, Logan Brown, and Colin White are, right?

Don't be that guy that overexaggerates the single good thing Benning does.

I forgot about chabot.

I dono much about sens prospects, hence the "It seems" comment

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not a Sens fan, not a Canucks fan. But have watched Dahlén a hell of a lot over last few years.

You guys got yourself a very good prospect.

Kid is extremely agile, has a great shot, is not scared to go to dirty areas despite being not the biggest... and he has a knack for being in the right place ALL the time. Call it OZ IQ if you will.

It would surprise me if he did not end up a 2nd line NHL getting ~20 goals in a few years.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How is his shot?

Great release.

If you guys wanna drool over him go here:

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play

And just go through 'TIK' games. He is #54.

The last ~25 games of last season was the best I have ever seen a kid his age play in the Allsvenskan bar none. He was the best player in the league down the stretch and virtually singlehandedly saved his team from relegation. Not an exaggeration. He should have been a 1st round pick IMO.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Absolutely love this trade.

I have been as hard on Benning as anyone but this is a great move. I have always said that I dislike Benning, but I have no problem with him proving me wrong and this trade is a step in the right direction.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Watched him a few times and I'd say Appleyard has nailed it for a description of him.
He scored a couple of goals against AIK (The team I follow in Sweden) earlier this month.
Very interesting prospect and I am genuinely shocked that Ottawa were willing to trade him.

(#54 in red, scores their 2nd and 3rd goals)

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Watched him a few times and I'd say Appleyard has nailed it for a description of him.
He scored a couple of goals against AIK (The team I follow in Sweden) earlier this month.
Very interesting prospect and I am genuinely shocked that Ottawa were willing to trade him.

(#54 in red, scores their 2nd and 3rd goals)

He does have a weird stride. He leans deeply on his inside edges when generating power. He's not slow by any stretch... seemed to have decent acceleration.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He does have a weird stride. He leans deeply on his inside edges when generating power. He's not slow by any stretch... seemed to have decent acceleration.

He skates like his Dad in a weird way... but is faster and far more agile. He can weave through guys like they are not there at times.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He was Swedens 2nd best prospect at the World Juniors this year. Outstanding playmaker. Good offensive upside. Has had a terrific year in the SEL.

He will be sorely missed. I had him as our 4th best prospect but inching closer to passing Brown who hasn't done much and been injured.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Absolutely love this trade.

I have been as hard on Benning as anyone but this is a great move. I have always said that I dislike Benning, but I have no problem with him proving me wrong and this trade is a step in the right direction.

One doesn't suddenly become an amazing GM. For all we know the Sedins pressured Benning into getting Dahlen. A Benning trade would involve much more going the Ottawa way.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
How is he in traffic and along the boards?

I remember seeing him at the WJC and he seemed like a good player on the open ice, but was invisible during the physical parts of the game. I have a feeling he may have a rough transition to N.A. not unlike Granlund or Rodin where they were great in open ice but had trouble keeping possession of the puck, winning board battles, etc. and tended to stick to the perimeter.

Hopefully someone who has seen him more recently can address if this is true anymore.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Great release.

If you guys wanna drool over him go here:

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play

And just go through 'TIK' games. He is #54.

The last ~25 games of last season was the best I have ever seen a kid his age play in the Allsvenskan bar none. He was the best player in the league down the stretch and virtually singlehandedly saved his team from relegation. Not an exaggeration. He should have been a 1st round pick IMO.

I'm excited

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad