Jonathan Bernier on TSN Radio.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Sounds like he wanted to go to Montreal. Disappointed he is a Leaf and says he only wants a short contract.

he wants a short contract cause of reimer. if we didn't have reimer/starting goalie, he would've signed a long term deal. he doesn't want to end up in another back-up situation. he wants to be the #1 goalie, and if reims emerges over him then he goes elsewhere and tries again after the contract is over. win win for both the leafs and bernier. i mean look at the luongo situation. long term contract isn't always the best choice.

this has nothing to do with hating toronto and he out of all people should know montreal has a franchise goalie in Price and he would end up in a similar situation like LA by being behind Price if he were to request a trade to montreal.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
he wants a short contract cause of reimer. if we didn't have reimer/starting goalie, he would've signed a long term deal. he doesn't want to end up in another back-up situation. he wants to be the #1 goalie, and if reims emerges over him then he goes elsewhere and tries again after the contract is over. win win for both the leafs and bernier. i mean look at the luongo situation. long term contract isn't always the best choice.

this has nothing to do with hating toronto and he out of all people should know montreal has a franchise goalie in Price and he would end up in a similar situation like LA by being behind Price if he were to request a trade to montreal.

a) I think he was joking

b) I think he could challenge Price, Price has been having some wonky play this last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad