Player Discussion: Jonas Johansson

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

"He looks calm in there,” defenseman Mikhail Sergachev said after Saturday’s game, which Johansson started and finished with 27 saves. “I don’t feel stressed with him back there, and that’s a good sign.

“I’m really surprised, because in the camp those two guys let a lot of goals in,” Sergachev said, smiling. “I wasn’t too pumped, but then they started playing games and I saw the work ethic they put in, and they played really well. And that’s great for us, and I hope they keep it going.”

Lol jeeez sergy don't say it like that

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
So who's on your target when we trade Vasi's 9.5m cap hit away?
would have to be someone on a short contract since johansson will be making big money soon enough. crosby seems like the obvious target. i doubt he wants to stay in pittsburgh when he could be winning cups with us

• Haha
Reactions: LTIR Trickery

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
The early returns are making this look like one of JB's greatest FA signings. $775K, for two years! I mean he's not Vasy, but his ability is a heck of a lot closer than his salary. And his timing of finding a gem of a backup couldn't have been better.

Reactions: Zwui21 and RDTBay4

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The early returns are making this look like one of JB's greatest FA signings. $775K, for two years! I mean he's not Vasy, but his ability is a heck of a lot closer than his salary. And his timing of finding a gem of a backup couldn't have been better.

Wow we have him for two years? Dream goaltending tandem. He'll simultaneously take the pressure off Vasi while also lighting a fire under his ass.

Reactions: Renopucker

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Based on what we've seen from JoJo, I see no reason why he is not a solid 1b tender for the rest of the year. So, if Vasy comes back in more typical Vasy-form, I like this clubs chances come springtime.

Reactions: Peacefool

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Wow we have him for two years? Dream goaltending tandem. He'll simultaneously take the pressure off Vasi while also lighting a fire under his ass.
Not sure he needs a "fire", but its satisfying knowing he gives up the crease when necessary to a guy that can perform. Cause we all know that Vasy does NOT like to sit.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

SECOND STAR – JONAS JOHANSSON, G, TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Johansson – who signed with the Lightning in July – stopped all 55 shots he faced over two appearances, going 2-0-0 with two shutouts to guide Tampa Bay (4-2-2, 10 points) to a perfect week. He earned his second career shutout – and first with the Lightning – with 32 saves, including 13 in the third period, in a 3-0 win against the Carolina Hurricanes Oct. 24. Johansson then became the seventh different goaltender in Tampa Bay history to record consecutive shutouts – and the first to achieve the feat since Nov. 23-26, 2021 (Andrei Vasilevskiy) – with 23 stops in a 6-0 victory over the San Jose Sharks Oct. 26. The 28-year-old Johansson, who was 11-13-4 in 35 career NHL appearances entering 2023-24 (3.32 GAA, .887%, 1 SO), is 4-1-2 through seven total games this season (2.56 GAA, .925 SV%, 2 SO). He leads the League in both saves (221) and shots against (239) as well as mid-range (t-62) and long-range (t-46) saves, two of the new statistical categories available via NHL EDGE.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3