Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
The d-corps get infinitely better when we get Falk out of the lineup. I mean seriously, can he be any more awkward when playing the puck??

The problem is that only Falk, Stoner and Scandella are physical in protecting our goalies and clearing the crease which is a valuable asset.

My only complaint of Brodin is that he is not very physical. I wish he had a bit more "Shea Weber" to him.

Other than that, he is playing above my rookie expectations.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The problem is that only Falk, Stoner and Scandella are physical in protecting our goalies and clearing the crease which is a valuable asset.

My only complaint of Brodin is that he is not very physical. I wish he had a bit more "Shea Weber" to him.

Other than that, he is playing above my rookie expectations.

He may still grow into a more physical defenseman, or he may not. There have been quite a few all time greats that weren't very physical (Niedermayer, Lidstrom ,etc).

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
He's actually more physical than I thought he would be. He's not going to lay anybody out but he's not afraid to throw his weight around in puck battles along the boards.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He's actually more physical than I thought he would be. He's not going to lay anybody out but he's not afraid to throw his weight around in puck battles along the boards.

more impressed with his attempts at negating screens on Backs, actually. He doesn't have a lot of meat on the bones but he uses what leverage he has well.

J Bert

Jan 31, 2013
Also more physical than I expected, and more than makes up for it with his stick.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
He can get his shot on net more often than half our forwards...

His physicality is fine. He's not going to leave some bloody smear on the boards, but he gets the job done efficiently and well.

Did you guys see him take the puck away from Doan last night, when Doan came in with with speed? Checked him to the wall and just separated him from the puck after battlling it out. Doan's no small dude either.

We scored with this kid. Freakin amazing...

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Im very suprised with his two good attempt on net against Yotes. Looks to be able to create a decent slapper for PP time.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Im very suprised with his two good attempt on net against Yotes. Looks to be able to create a decent slapper for PP time.

Seeing his shooting I think it's only a matter of time before they start going in (not that he "needs" to be an high end offensive d-man, he's great as it is). Also once he manages to click more with the forwards he'll probably get a fair amount of assists on tip-in's and rebounds.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Can you imagine how good he'll be when he adds 15 pounds to his frame?? Oh and that offensive game he "lacked" seems to be showing up at the NHL level! He is doing a great job offensively!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Seems like he shoots the puck more often than our entire blue line combined.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Seems like he shoots the puck more often than our entire blue line combined.

how much of that is him being given space? That could change, but right now I'd imagine opposition is paying more attention to Suter.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
how much of that is him being given space? That could change, but right now I'd imagine opposition is paying more attention to Suter.

I think he's always had a knack for finding shooting lanes. Maybe he's being encouraged to shoot more often right now?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I think he's always had a knack for finding shooting lanes. Maybe he's being encouraged to shoot more often right now?

he wasn't in any position to show such a knack before...thus the scouting reports and pundits all knocking him for lack of offensive game.

our scouts and ops were never in any doubt he could develop one, though. :handclap:

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
With his skating and hockey IQ an offensive game simply has to come. He may never be an elite offensive defenseman but he almost sure has to be a solid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad