Status
Not open for further replies.

THEALLKNOWING*

You have to. I say

Suter Brodin
Gilbert Scandella
Stoner Spurgeon

Swap Spurgeon and Scandella if you want

I would perhaps swap Stoner and Scandella, to keep one lefty, one righty on each pair.

BTW, I know Suter is solid. But I am loving Brodin on both ends of the ice. He does so many things well, very smart, close-quarters, open-ice, aggressive when he needs to be, on and on.

I think he has moved beyond prospect to the next level, potential defensive rookie of the year!

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
found myself breathing a sigh of relief almost every time Brodin was on the puck last night

terrible game but the kid is sooo good

and he's getting the puck to the net for rebounds...brilliant

Ceekayn

Beaver Nation
Nov 5, 2009
Minnesota
I know it's only been a couple games but I have a good feeling about Brodin. Think we're in for something special.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
It should be...

Suter/Brodin
Gilbert/Spurgeon
Stoner/Scandella

I don't like Stoner, but you can't argue that he's +10 player for his career. That stat alone says something...

SouthSwe

Sep 26, 2009
Karlstad
rynryn:
"oh hahahahahahaahahahahahaaaaahhahahhaaaaa! love it.
but really, i loved him first. someone with too much time can go back and verify that on the draft day GDT."

To end all the competition I had a Brodin Jersey 3 years ago :D
No I didn't, I don't buy jerseys but i'm glad I was able to see our bacon boy take form becoming the Bacon beast he is today :).

tomgilbertfan:
"I'm pretty sure I was pissed at the pick. Then SouthSwe came and I was a little happier. Then i saw him at the WJC and I was sold."

:)

Im glad u all (atleast most of u it seems) are happy with the draft choice of Brodin and that he has played well so early on.

Been able to watch two of the games and im glad to see that Jonas still is playing his style of play, even tho there has been one or two mistakes, but that's just normal when making ur debut in NHL.

And for my next top tip for the upcoming draft. 17 year old D Wilhem (Wille) Westlund, also from Färjestad. Played 16 games for us this season, scoring a goal. Very similar to Brodin and Klefbom, great defense, great skater, not as good as bacon tho, but better with the puck.

So if any one of u will become the new GM of the Wilds, then u know who to pick ;)

Edit: The best part is that his brother is named Wiking Westlund, for real :D

Last edited:

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I am ok...

With saying (wait for it)...I was wrong about Jonas Brodin. He's been terrific. I thought he was terrific in his one-game with the Aeros and has been pretty good with the Wild. My only issue with him is how some of the time he avoids contact and his shot blocking technique. While its good not to leave your skates the fact he turns his head and loses sight of the puck isn't a good thing either. But other than that he's done pretty well out there and I've been very pleased by his lack of hesitation to pull the trigger when the opportunity presents itself.

Good start so far...

10dynasty38*

What can you say about Jonas Brodin that hasn't already been said. Light years ahead of Granlund in development and ready for first line duty with Suter IMO. Some kids get rattled and some don't. Brodin has shown early he dosen't rattle.

Billy Mays Here*

He can't truly be considered good until we see how he fares against Hall and Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Keep him with Suter..Not only does that make the NHL transition easier but that has been making Suter better too.

Suter-Brodin
Stoner-Gilbert
Scandella-Spurgeon
Falk.

Theres your top 7

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Suter-Brodin
Spurgeon-Gilbert
Scandella-Stoner
Falk.

Brodin is money. Just imagine how good he will be once he gets some more experience.

J Bert

Jan 31, 2013
His skating, passing, and stick were phenomenal tonight. Was at the game earlier, and he had a couple passes up ice through the neutral that had me sayin' "whoa.."

Kid is 19 and I have the utmost confidence in him. That I am okay with.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Watching Brodin:

ueXjhI5.jpg

THEALLKNOWING*

The Wild need to get bigger and stronger seems to be the mantra. So let's put Spurgeon as a top-6 d'man. NOT. The oft-injured, good offensive, limited defense, has no future with this team. Smart, sure so he doesn't get too clobberred on the ice. But I am sure there are bigger smart guys, that can do the same thing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The Wild need to get bigger and stronger seems to be the mantra. So let's put Spurgeon as a top-6 d'man. NOT. The oft-injured, good offensive, limited defense, has no future with this team. Smart, sure so he doesn't get too clobberred on the ice. But I am sure there are bigger smart guys, that can do the same thing.
The Wild needs size, speed, and strength at forward.

It needs better break-outs on defense.

Spurgeon can help with the breakouts. Put him in the bottom pairing with Scandella. Let Stoner and Falk fight for playing time with Gilbert. Waive Prosser.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
The d-corps get infinitely better when we get Falk out of the lineup. I mean seriously, can he be any more awkward when playing the puck??

THEALLKNOWING*

The Wild needs size, speed, and strength at forward.

It needs better break-outs on defense.

Spurgeon can help with the breakouts. Put him in the bottom pairing with Scandella. Let Stoner and Falk fight for playing time with Gilbert. Waive Prosser.

They need it on the back-end as well. Spurgeon is like Harding, in that he has no value around the league, just to the Wild. He is like PMB, in that he is oftened injured. In today's NHL, he is one elbow away from injured reserve.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
They need it on the back-end as well. Spurgeon is like Harding, in that he has no value around the league, just to the Wild. He is like PMB, in that he is oftened injured. In today's NHL, he is one elbow away from injured reserve.
Even if your statements were true, none of them negate the fact that he can break the puck out of the zone better than 80% of NHL Dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad