OT: Jon Bon Jovi, MLSE give Toronto inside track on Buffalo Bills: Kelly

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
CFL fans are not worried abouth this scenario at all. Its laughable to most of them. Toronto is a once a year booty call for the NFL. And even those Bills in TO games are choc k full of free tickets

I love the CFL and I'm a huge Argos fan, but you do realize that labelling Toronto as a Bills town was wrong right from the get go. Toronto is as diverse with their teams as it is with their citizens. I'm a Bills fan but I know plenty of Patriot fans, Lions fans, Packer fans, Seahawk fans, Steeler fans. To just put a Bills team in the city once a year and say "HEY TORONTO HERE'S YOUR TEAM!!" not going to work. If we got our own team it's a whole different story.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Whoooooaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are half way there, Whoooooaaaa, Whoaaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are Living on A Prayer, Living on A Prayerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You know your dreams for a No Fun League franchise in your city are dead in the water when you latch your hopes on Jon Bon Jovi being the Saviour.

In related news. The lead singer for Manowar is purchasing the Omaha Beef

Can you relax a bit..jeez enough with the lyrics. You seem to be getting really emotional about something that right isn't even close to happening. Can we not discuss the possibility of this happening without you freaking out about it. We get it you don't like the idea. But I'm a CFL fan and a huge Argos fan that also loves the NFL. I'd love to see this happen.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Yes I want another team in Toronto so that year after year I can be disappointed with the results, the melt downs and 18 wheelers of the cliff

Derek Synak

Mar 14, 2009
Mistake by the Lake
I love Football almost as much as hockey, NCAA and NFL, CFL is just comical to watch, it`s that bad.

Bills should stay in Buffalo, I`m a Browns fan and know how much it sucks to lose your team.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
i don't even live in Toronto. But its not a believable enough prospect for me to be worried about . this is a joke. there is a reason this info comes out on Grey Cup Sunday.

Fanboys be getting upset. keep in mind i am generalizing. If you get offended that says more about your opinion. What do i have to bitter about, my Town has 2 teams :D
I don't like American football but why do your posts make you sound so bitter?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Skydome is pretty ****** for Football. Atmosphere isn't great. Baseball it's fine, football? Not so much.

Unfortunately it stinks for baseball too :( they missed the mark on all aspects when trying to build this monster multiplex. It does nothing very well but a whole bunch of stuff adequately.
Here's hoping this leads to new outdoor stadiums for football & baseball.
The CFL can adapt by switching to a spring schedule, make Canada day the "labour day games" and having the grey cup on labour day.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
NFL discussions have been surfacing off and on since before most of the posters here were born.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's inevitable that Toronto will get a Team, whether it's the Bills or expansion further down the road.

Noisespektrum

Jun 11, 2011
new york city
Unfortunately it stinks for baseball too :( they missed the mark on all aspects when trying to build this monster multiplex. It does nothing very well but a whole bunch of stuff adequately.
Here's hoping this leads to new outdoor stadiums for football & baseball.
The CFL can adapt by switching to a spring schedule, make Canada day the "labour day games" and having the grey cup on labour day.

lol, ya that'll happen. people seem to be abit sensitive about the whole Bon Jovi aspect and are crying over the Bon Jovi lyric puns. Is it an NFL thing?or are you all huge Bon Jovi fans?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I can give 2 ***** about the NFL or football in general, but it would be nice to see a team in Toronto.

This city is hungry for a winner, the Raps are ****, the Blue Jays haven't done anything in 2 decades, and the Leafs .. well ..
it would be nice to get some championships for this city

and please the Toronto Rock and Marlies and all that jazz do not really count

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
i don't even live in Toronto. But its not a believable enough prospect for me to be worried about . this is a joke. there is a reason this info comes out on Grey Cup Sunday.

Fanboys be getting upset. keep in mind i am generalizing. If you get offended that says more about your opinion. What do i have to bitter about, my Town has 2 teams :D

Technically, you don't have any teams, since the Jets and Giants play their games in New Jersey.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Would love an NFL team. The CFL blows and I will never understand why anyone feels we're obligated to the league because it has Canadian in it. I wanna watch the best players in the world, not second or third rate players.

why do you watch the Leafs then?

why would you assume that people watch a sport because they feel obligated and not because they enjoy watching it?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Yes I want another team in Toronto so that year after year I can be disappointed with the results, the melt downs and 18 wheelers of the cliff

yeah but we'll have better odds that one of the teams will be good. Then we just need a 2nd hockey team in Toronto and we're set to beat the system!

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
by all accounts the Eastern semifinal at the dome was pretty rocking. it would be nice to see some carryover from that to next season. wasn't aallll that long ago when the Argos were a hot ticket in this town, though that was maybe in a time before our "world class city" obsession.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
I love Football almost as much as hockey, NCAA and NFL, CFL is just comical to watch, it`s that bad.

Bills should stay in Buffalo, I`m a Browns fan and know how much it sucks to lose your team.

I hate when people say this because they are just full of crap.

95% of NCAA players can't even make the CFL, so how on earth is the quality of football better in the NCAA?
I mean its just basic logic really.
everyone who has ever gone from the nfl to the cfl and expected it to be easy has always said it almost as hard as competing in he nfl.

if you really feel this way the only real explanation is you've bought into the American hype dollars

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I love the CFL and I'm a huge Argos fan, but you do realize that labelling Toronto as a Bills town was wrong right from the get go. Toronto is as diverse with their teams as it is with their citizens. I'm a Bills fan but I know plenty of Patriot fans, Lions fans, Packer fans, Seahawk fans, Steeler fans. To just put a Bills team in the city once a year and say "HEY TORONTO HERE'S YOUR TEAM!!" not going to work. If we got our own team it's a whole different story.

This. I am a huge NFL fan, but my team plays a little further down Lake Erie and they, for the most part, are sh**ier than the Bills. I am not sure why Toronto is labelled a "Bills town". It is really anything but. Go to a GTA sports bar on any Sunday afternoon, and you won't see many Bills jerseys, and certainly not more than the Cowboys, Niners, Giants or Steelers, for instance. Down in the Niagara Falls/St. Catharines area, definitely, but not a clear cut favourite in Toronto.

The Bills are shi**y in Buffalo, and shi**y in Toronto. No one, outside of die hard Bills fans, really cares about paying those kinds of prices for an inferior product, unless that inferior product is your own (i.e. everything else MLSE owns). If I am going to pay those kinds of prices (even if they are reduced this year), I want to see something other than two of the league's bottom feeders, unless those bottom feeders belong to my city and I can call them my own.

Give Toronto their own team, it sells out every Sunday in the fourth biggest city in North America. Prostitute the ugly sister known as the Bills to Toronto for a cash grab, you see the return.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Seems as though putting up a banner carries a lot of weight? Torn on the idea of an NHL team, but Tim L, clearly seems to be focused on generating as much revenue as possible for MLSE than anything else.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
by all accounts the Eastern semifinal at the dome was pretty rocking. it would be nice to see some carryover from that to next season. wasn't aallll that long ago when the Argos were a hot ticket in this town, though that was maybe in a time before our "world class city" obsession.

This is the problem with the CFL in Toronto. No one really cares. To wit, it was the East Final, and the only reason there were so many people is because Ticat fans (of which I am one) made up 35 or 40 percent of the gate, give or take.

Toronto was a CFL town up to the '80's and perhaps even when Flutie was here and Gretzky/McNall/Candy owned them. Since then, not so much.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
This is the problem with the CFL in Toronto. No one really cares. To wit, it was the East Final, and the only reason there were so many people is because Ticat fans (of which I am one) made up 35 or 40 percent of the gate, give or take.

Toronto was a CFL town up to the '80's and perhaps even when Flutie was here and Gretzky/McNall/Candy owned them. Since then, not so much.

And, congrats to the Ticats on their second place finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00