OT: Jon Bon Jovi, MLSE give Toronto inside track on Buffalo Bills: Kelly

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I don't even particularly like football but that's only because there's no team that I want to root for. I would start to learn more about football and start to like it if Toronto got an NFL team. We would need a new stadium first as Rogers Center isn't capable of being an NFl stadium. To be honest though, I just don't see Toronto getting an NFL team right now, especially before LA but I do think we would get one before London. Still, if Toronto got an NFL, I would be ecstatic.

Well, money, for one thing. We've got lots of it. LA lost its NFL team.

Noisespektrum

Jun 11, 2011
new york city
Whoooooaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are half way there, Whoooooaaaa, Whoaaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are Living on A Prayer, Living on A Prayerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You know your dreams for a No Fun League franchise in your city are dead in the water when you latch your hopes on Jon Bon Jovi being the Saviour.

In related news. The lead singer for Manowar is purchasing the Omaha Beef

Penalty Kill Icing*

Whoooooaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are half way there, Whoooooaaaa, Whoaaaaaaaa, NFL fanboys in Toronto are Living on A Prayer, Living on A Prayerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You know your dreams for a No Fun League franchise in your city are dead in the water when you latch your hopes on Jon Bon Jovi being the Saviour.

I couldn't care less about either league (or football in general), but you sound like a CFL fan who is bitter about prospect of NFL coming to Toronto.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario

What the hell is an NFL fanboy? I enjoy watching the NFL and would like a team here. You sound like a bitter clown.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Only way you can get NFL here is a new stadium. No one wants to go watch the Bills because its a Buffalo team, I'm more interested in who they are facing, and not going to watch the NFL just because its the NFL.

Would be cool, but doubt anything comes of this.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
This again? Seems to come up every few years and than nothing. Same thing will happen here.

Noisespektrum

Jun 11, 2011
new york city
I couldn't care less about either league (or football in general), but you sound like a CFL fan who is bitter about prospect of NFL coming to Toronto.

i don't even live in Toronto. But its not a believable enough prospect for me to be worried about . this is a joke. there is a reason this info comes out on Grey Cup Sunday.

Fanboys be getting upset. keep in mind i am generalizing. If you get offended that says more about your opinion. What do i have to bitter about, my Town has 2 teams :D

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
OMFG, if this happens i would be in heaven. Please let this happen god.

tired of cheering for an american team. nfl in toronto would be epic. :yo:

makes sense why a bon jovi banner was put up at the ACC now. tim leiweke you sly dog.

Penalty Kill Icing*

i don't even live in Toronto. But its not a believable enough prospect for me to be worried about . this is a joke. there is a reason this info comes out on Grey Cup Sunday.

Fanboys be getting upset. keep in mind i am generalizing. If you get offended that says more about your opinion. What do i have to bitter about, my Town has 2 teams :D

Who am I to get offended? As I said, I have no interest in watching/caring a sport where more time is spent on commercials than actual play. (be it American or Canadian football).

But your borderline trolling continues. :shakehead

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
I like watching the NFL, but my problem has always been I have never been able to find a team to root for. A Toronto team would probably change that.

Yep I'm in the same boat. Would be a die hard fan if Toronto got an nfl team

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Who am I to get offended? As I said, I have no interest in watching/caring a sport where more time is spent on commercials than actual play. (be it American or Canadian football).

But your borderline trolling continues. :shakehead

Thank heavens for the borderline trolling or this thread would be even more boring than the NFL.

Last edited:

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
With a new NFL team and a brand new staduim maybe the Leafs would finally able to host another Winter Classic or a Heritage Classic. Do it Tim! 2017 could be the year; The launch of a new NFL franchise, Entry Draft, WC/HC. :yo:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
With a new NFL team and a brand new staduim maybe the Leafs would finally able to host another Winter Classic or a Heritage Classic. Do it Tim! 2017 could be the year; The launch of a new NFL franchise, Entry Draft, WC/HC. :yo:

Building a new stadium would also look good in getting say the summer olympics in 2020, 2024 or 2028

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I would love to watch football if we had a team. It's a contact sport, so it'll be fun to watch unlike baseball or soccer. Though I hope it's not the Buffalo Bills I'm rooting for...

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Would love an NFL team. The CFL blows and I will never understand why anyone feels we're obligated to the league because it has Canadian in it. I wanna watch the best players in the world, not second or third rate players.

Just because they aren't necessarily the "best players in the world" doesn't mean it can't be fun to watch.

I watch junior hockey, nbl of canada and enjoy it fine. And they're not the best in the world either. You should give it a try sometime. It may not be perfect, but sometimes that's what makes it fun. Never know when someone's gonna make a large gaff that is costly.

The Vanier Cup was a great example of that. Really enjoyed the game. Not top players.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
do you watch the ECHL for fun?

I just said I watch junior hockey, minor league basketball, cis football. What more do you want?

If I had a local team in my backyard, maybe I would. I have been known to watch division I-III WHC games on stream depending on who is playing. I'm debating going to watch the Marlies take on Farjestad.

Is that good enough for you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad