Jon Blum highlights the middle group in HF's ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Probably just the first two. Still pretty solid. Interest in where Ottawa will fall for team rankings.

I must admit I'm alittle surprised I expected Lehner to be ~40 in ratings just based off of how simular prospects have been rated in the past.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Coyle in the top 20 :yo:

will HF finally admit they made a mistake and upgrade his grade? nope. we've already passed several 8.0 C's, and they still wont change it :shakehead

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
meh.. not a fan of the list.

I don't understand why they changed the rankings of the Red Wings.

THN's list was better even with a few glaring mistakes (ex. Blum)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Cowen and Rundblad should definitely be there. I also think that Silfverberg deserves to be on the list. With that said if Braden Holtby is where he is then there's no way that Lehner makes the list.

Yeah, Lehner is on the bubble. Probably is range if you asked 10 scouts would be between 35-75, so not a shock he isn't on the list. He was 44th by TSN.

Silfverberg doesn't belong on the list IMO. He had a nice season, but still has aways to go before we anoint him a true blue chipper. I personally think he'll be more of a 3rd liner, but has the upside for a 2nd line winger.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Since Pulkkinen and now Smith and Tatar are on the list for the Wings it's obvious Gustav Nyquist and Calle Jarnkrok didn't make the list which is really surprising to me.

Same. I would put Nyquist and Jarnkrok over Pulkkinen right now, although he does have the highest upside of the 3. Nice to see Tatar and Smith get some recognition though. I think they are both accurately ranked.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
Damn just how many Red Wings prospect do you expect to make a top 50 list?

And technically Colborne should make the list. Unless the requirements have changed HF's top 50 list has always followed a guideline that a player in the overall list can't be ahead of a player ranked on his own team. For Toronto Gardiner is #3, Colborne #2. So if Gardiner is on it Colborne should be somewhere. This does mean however that Reimer at #4 will not be on here.

Jarnkrok and Nyquist are in the same tier as Smith, Tatar, and Pulkkinen. There's not a ton separating them at this point.

I know this is the HF staff's opinion so I'm not too worried about it. The guy you were replying too prolly just means they should be in the discussion if their comparable fellow prospects are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad