Jon Blum highlights the middle group in HF's ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects

Edge of Sanity*

Since Pulkkinen and now Smith and Tatar are on the list for the Wings it's obvious Gustav Nyquist and Calle Jarnkrok didn't make the list which is really surprising to me.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I was hoping Colborne would make the list, but after seeing him left out of this section, I don't think he will be on it.

Parise09*

What do you mean the defenseman ahead of Ryan Ellis??? He's #31 and there are no players ahead of him yet. [What just happened...someone commented about Ryan Ellis and now their post is gone..]

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
I personally haven't seen him play, but I'm liking jon merrill as the devils future #1 dman, when was the last time a rookie defenseman became a college team's #1 defenseman? What a steal at 38th overall. I wish he was a leafs prospect.

Afro Thunder*

So Rundblad, Cowen, Lehner and Silverberg in top 20? sweet.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Jon Blum has been a huge surprise for us. He came in about a month ago and hasn't missed a beat. Looks like a seasoned vet out there. He's going to be good. IMO just a small notch below Suter.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Ok, I will admit I'm biased. So can some one honestly explain why Joey Hishon is such a more well-regarded prospect than Christian Thomas?

Not hating, just curious.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Since Pulkkinen and now Smith and Tatar are on the list for the Wings it's obvious Gustav Nyquist and Calle Jarnkrok didn't make the list which is really surprising to me.

Damn just how many Red Wings prospect do you expect to make a top 50 list?

And technically Colborne should make the list. Unless the requirements have changed HF's top 50 list has always followed a guideline that a player in the overall list can't be ahead of a player ranked on his own team. For Toronto Gardiner is #3, Colborne #2. So if Gardiner is on it Colborne should be somewhere. This does mean however that Reimer at #4 will not be on here.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Ok, I will admit I'm biased. So can some one honestly explain why Joey Hishon is such a more well-regarded prospect than Christian Thomas?

Not hating, just curious.

Thomas just broke out, while Hishon has been scoring a high rate for three seasons now.

Hishon would be even more highly regarded were it not for his injury issues.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Will be interesting from this angle to see if it's just Kadri, or if Reimer shot up the ranks. I can see the case for either situation happening.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if Im surprised or not that Colborne is not on the list. I was expecting to see him sometime up to this point (not higher), so id assume he wont be on the list.

Kadri for top 10 or bust!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe the first 3. Maybe just Rundblad, cause they hatin on Cowen.

Cowen and Rundblad for sure, Lehner has an outside shot, and while I believe Silfverberg should be in the top 50, he doesn't deserve top 20.

With the season Cowen just had, if he was left off all the lists credibility would be gone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cowen and Rundblad should definitely be there. I also think that Silfverberg deserves to be on the list. With that said if Braden Holtby is where he is then there's no way that Lehner makes the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad