OT: Jokinen pointless in first 5 games.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Gotta say, bit surprised to see this. I figured he'd do well with the Jets. He's been playing on the top line too.

I believe that he was on the 2nd line for the first 3 games. Having seen the system Hartley wants to use fast, smart passes and lots of fast breaks it makes sense why we let him go but I am still surprised by his lack of success with Winnipeg especially playing with Iginla 2.0 Kane.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Figures, 2 minutes later he gets an assist. It's quite obvious that it happened because of me. No need to thank me, Olli.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kane may be Iggy 2.0 (minus the cockyness) and it took Joker and Iggy 3 years to gel. Luckily for Kane, he is quite capable of scoring on his own.

I like Jokinen and the player he turned into here, I wish him all the best.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I, for one, am tremendously glad he wasn't re-signed. Was an absolute terrible fit here.

And given the problems he and Iginla had chemistry wise, it's bizarre that Noel would stick Kane with him and think it would work, even if Kane and Iginla aren't exactly the same type of players.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
He may not be hot but the Jets are winning games and he's what they needed in the top 6; Burmistrov is in an ideal 3rd line defensive role while improving offensively

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Give Olli time in the WIN, should get back to last years pace. He also didn't play during the lockout. I like him, always have but I'm glad Feaster is/was commited to move in another direction.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
But he's 53% in the faceoff circle. And I miss the Olli gifs.

olli_jokinen_big_mac_by_b_mint1994-d4oku44.gif

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's been pretty damn good for us to be honest. Wiffed on a few easy goals in the first couple games. Actually seems to have great chemistry with Kane. He loves crossing the line with speed, and passing to Kane after drawing in the D. His first point was an assist to Kane in OT.

The guy backchecks like an animal, although his defensive coverage isn't the best.

He should have a good year. Has been with Kane and Wheeler which would be our #1a line.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He's been pretty damn good for us to be honest. Wiffed on a few easy goals in the first couple games. Actually seems to have great chemistry with Kane. He loves crossing the line with speed, and passing to Kane after drawing in the D. His first point was an assist to Kane in OT.

The guy backchecks like an animal, although his defensive coverage isn't the best.

He should have a good year. Has been with Kane and Wheeler which would be our #1a line.

Do you think he is worth his salary?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm glad Winnipeg is happy with him out side of his faceoff ability I don't miss him on this team. We essential traded Jokinen for Hudler and I would gladly take Hudler over Jokinen, especially if they both keep up at their current paces (Hudler has 5 points in 4 games, Jokinen has 4 points in 9).

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I have to give props to Tangs for his efforts at centre. As much as I hated losing Jokinen because of how weak and questionable our middle was, Tangs, Backlund Stajan, Jones and Cervenka have done very well.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
15 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, -7

It's crazy considering many people here had said they'd rather have seen Olli re-signed, instead of Hudler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad