OT: Jokinen pointless in first 5 games.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
15 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, -7

It's crazy considering many people here had said they'd rather have seen Olli re-signed, instead of Hudler.

I'd still take him back for something insignificant, like Kolanos

That's how pathetic our centre depth is. :help:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets fan coming in peace, Joke-in is mostly invisible for the Jets, he now plays on the 3rd line, he really looks like a worn out hockey player finishing out his NHL career on a contract he got by somehow having a decent season in Calgary last year. Never liked him on the Flames (followed the Flames when the Jets 1.0 disappeared to a desert), at $4.5M year on a two year contract he is vastly overpaid. Joke-in has been so bad he even makes Antropov look good here. What am I missing?

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
You have to think Sutter was the one holding Olli's game together, or maybe it's some sort of flame curse that seems to strike some players eg. Tanguay and Cammaleri :laugh:

I really do think it was Sutter for Olli, he seemed like the type to need structure, need guidance because once he lost that he would just start to swoop around and do a whole lot of nothing.. It's too bad, I wanted him to do well with the Jets.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Eh, Olli is a pretty streaky player. He can be real good for long stretches, or really bad. I think you guys will see him turn it around at some point this year. He is a better player than his stats tell you so far. Maybe he is lacking chemistry with his line mates. That's another big issue of his, finding chemistry.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Its vision and hockey sense he lacks, he has all other tools but in these two departments he is below Avg. He got around this by having teammates here and in Florida that can open up space for him and don't need the puck much.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Olli stopped being a goal scorer even in Calgary. I wouldn't expect 20 goals from Olli in a full 82 game season even if Ovechkin was on his wing.

But Olli did a good job feeding the puck to Glencross and company. Sutter gave him a fitting role and Olli did it well considering he was a streaky guy.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We dodged a bullet letting him go
18 Games 3 goals 2 assists and -11 (2:30 pp time no pk time)

Compared to Stajan
17 games 3 goals 6 asists and +8 (no pp time 2 minutes a night pk time)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets fan coming in peace, you guys really dodged a bullet in NOT resigning Jokinen, he is really starting to stink, in the 5-2 win over the Leafs he was by far the worst Jets forward and the only guy who didn't contribute. Looks like his NHL career is all but over.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And people thought I was crazy saying not to resign him.
Players change teams and struggle all the time, especially after an 18 month layoff. So you really can't just look at numbers and say I told you so.

Jokinen was already a fit on the Flames, its unlikely he would have fallen off this much in a situation he is comfortable in. He would also be a much better fit at center ice than some of the things Calgary has had to try.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Most people think Feaster is doing a good job from what I see. I also it'll take a decade to repair the dmg Joker did to this organization and my sanity.

I'll never forgive Joker for making us lose Cammy, Lombo, and Tarasenko!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Don't want to beat a dead horse (or a washed up hockey player) but Jokinen has now gone 20 games without an assist and that's playing on a line with Evander Kane, goes to show what kind of player Kane could be playing with a decent centre!

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Most people think Feaster is doing a good job from what I see. I also it'll take a decade to repair the dmg Joker did to this organization and my sanity.

Maybe its public knowledge but how did he make us lose Tarasenko?

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012

Gormley and prust 2

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm really not sure why people are blaming Jokinen instead of Sutter.

However, if this is the new trend...

Damn you, Iginla, for failing to make this team a contender the last few years. I can never forgive you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad