JOKERIT 2020-2021 (GOING ALL IN?)

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The virus finally reached the players. Four players showed positive tests after returning to Finland from the road trip to Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk and Nur-Sultan. Next week's games are postponed.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The virus finally reached the players. Four players showed positive tests after returning to Finland from the road trip to Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk and Nur-Sultan. Next week's games are postponed.

I'd imagine it's the full 14 day quarantine this time, if not longer.

Reactions: Exarz

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Three more COVID-19 cases keeping the roster thin. Mika Partanen who is currently not active as a pro will join Jokerit as a new face against SKA on Tuesday.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Today's roster looks like pretty much all of the players who missed last week are back, while the players who played last week are now out. I believe all of last week's players with the exception of Loov and Krejcik are now missing.
I'm guessing that means the "first group" who got covid has recovered, while the "second group" is still contagious. And nearly the entire team got it at one point or another

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Today's roster looks like pretty much all of the players who missed last week are back, while the players who played last week are now out. I believe all of last week's players with the exception of Loov and Krejcik are now missing.
I'm guessing that means the "first group" who got covid has recovered, while the "second group" is still contagious. And nearly the entire team got it at one point or another

They're in quarantine regardless of whether they've tested positive or not, Lööv and Krejčík are exempt because they had tested positive earlier and are thought to be immune at this point.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
They're in quarantine regardless of whether they've tested positive or not, Lööv and Krejčík are exempt because they had tested positive earlier and are thought to be immune at this point.

Okay, so it is the case that everyone playing today has already had it?
And if everyone has to quarantine now, why did that group of players that played last week not have to quarantine?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Away and quarantining are the players and staff that traveled to Russia, three of them tested positive. Most of the players in roster now are presumably still susceptible. In all 15 or so team members have had it.

Reactions: iginlafan77

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
hey guys, anyone can say why tolvanen hasnt played today again ? wqs it confirmed he had covid ? thanks !!

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Jokerit coach Marjamäki said that Jokerit has always got more penalties than other teams. He said that players who come to play for Jokerit from other KHL teams laugh about it, how can this be possible. Other teams also laugh, you got so many penalties.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Jokerit coach Marjamäki said that Jokerit has always got more penalties than other teams. He said that players who come to play for Jokerit from other KHL teams laugh about it, how can this be possible. Other teams also laugh, you got so many penalties.
It took me literally 10 seconds to find out that the stats do not support your thesis.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It took me literally 10 seconds to find out that the stats do not support your thesis.
I think it's a matter of questionable penalties, not straight up penalty numbers.

While I agree that Jokerit gets more questionable penalties against the bigger teams, I don't fully support the statement. Refereeing has for sure got better over the years and I really don't think questionable penalties are that much of a problem against mid- or bottom-tier teams.

Plus, doubtful penalties against bigger teams are not really some bias against Jokerit in my opinion. Same thing goes for all teams in the quite strict team hierarchy, Russian or non-Russian.

Reactions: TommySalo and vorky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad