Pre-Game Talk: Joisey @ MTL Sat. Nov. 16 7:00 PM ET

How many points will the Habs garner from both games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think Price will make that call. And I think he will go against the Caps. Doesn't it make sense to play your best player against the best team? Again, logic and Habs doesn't usually go hand in hand but perhaps for once.

I would go price on Friday and Kinkaid on Saturday, but it has nothing to do with "logic". Someone could also argue that it's more logical to hedge your bets, and start price on saturday instead.

My reason is more about throwing Kinkaid a bone. The Devils game should mean alot to him, and I think the guys will play that much harder infront of him.

Reactions: Trash Man

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Weal practicing on the PP this morning. Didn't I tell ya?

upload_2019-11-14_10-50-33.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Voted no points and hope I'm wrong. Prove me wrong boys! I just think we are been on the up direction of the roller coaster ride and the down part is coming. If we played the Devils 1st, I would say 2 pts. But on 2nd thought, Devils are also on a back to back so not sure now.

- Caps will be playing 5 games in 9 days tomorrow night. Any factor into this? They play the Bruins on the road Saturday night. You better bet they want a win against the Habs at home before they make the trip to Boston and play 6 games in 10 nights.

- Devils will be playing 3 games in 4 nights on Saturday night with Subban in town.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is our fan base when we are at the top part of the roller coaster ride.. @Kriss E.. that's you in the front in both picks (right girl at the bottom). I'm kidding :) Just a little humor and hope you take it that way.
MMVfc8h.jpg

This is our fan base when we are almost at the bottom
jbzTbJE.jpg

Reactions: angusyoung

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I think Price gets the nod for the Caps. It will go to a painful SO game (at least 1 point), and we will show a terrible performance against the Devils the next day from a pretty tired group.

But you gotta play the best against the best so, Price against Caps i would say.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Caps are probably the best team in the league right now.
I'll be really happy if we can get a point out of this one, but this is only happening if Price is in net.

My bet is Kinkaid gets the call.
Habs lose to Caps, Win against Devils.
They sent Poehling back down for a reason. KK should be ready to go.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
No need to concede. The Caps aren't invincible. They were humbled in the 2019 playoffs by a less-than-invincible team and they haven't improved. The Habs have added Poehling and Suzuki and their D appears to have been stabilized. The Habs swept the Blues and they stopped the Bruins and the Blues.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Does this mean that one of Suzuki/KK will sit and Weal is sure to play?

Formation du Canadien à l'entraînement de jeudi :
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Suzuki / Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Cousins-Thompson-Weal
Chiarot-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Fleury
Reilly-Folin
Price
Kinkaid

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Does this mean that one of Suzuki/KK will sit and Weal is sure to play?

Formation du Canadien à l'entraînement de jeudi :
Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Suzuki / Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Cousins-Thompson-Weal
Chiarot-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak-Fleury
Reilly-Folin
Price
Kinkaid
KK isnt enough of a better person yet i expect he will sit again

Jul 6, 2016
[QUOTE="habsfan891, post: 166682969, member: 166317"]KK isnt enough of a better person yet i expect he will sit again[/QUOTE]

Why do you use this stupid "formula" ? It's getting old in the teeth. KK will play when he is 100% ready.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It would be cool if they could give Price the first game and then call up Primeau to start the second game and give Carey to night off completely. But, you might not want to give Primeau his first start with a tired team (though the boys might rally for the kids first game) and Kinkaid probably really wants to play his old team. It would just be nice to give Primeau a taste to reward him for his great play in the AHL. Maybe the better time to do it would be next week where the kid can get the Tuesday game against CBJ (one of the worst offensive teams in the league) and Carey can play the home game Wednesday against the Sens. Kinkaid backs up both games.

Edit: this is all based off the assumption that Kotka is still hurt and we have the roster spot open to actually call him up at all

Jul 6, 2016
It would be cool if they could give Price the first game and then call up Primeau to start the second game and give Carey to night off completely. But, you might not want to give Primeau his first start with a tired team (though the boys might rally for the kids first game) and Kinkaid probably really wants to play his old team. It would just be nice to give Primeau a taste to reward him for his great play in the AHL. Maybe the better time to do it would be next week where the kid can get the Tuesday game against CBJ (one of the worst offensive teams in the league) and Carey can play the home game Wednesday against the Sens. Kinkaid backs up both games.

Kinkaid has to play more - not less. The guy is rusted every single time he is put in net.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I would go price on Friday and Kinkaid on Saturday, but it has nothing to do with "logic". Someone could also argue that it's more logical to hedge your bets, and start price on saturday instead.

My reason is more about throwing Kinkaid a bone. The Devils game should mean alot to him, and I think the guys will play that much harder infront of him.

Login dictates that they would but... (see my comment) :)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kinkaid has to play more - not less. The guy is rusted every single time he is put in net.

Also, let's say Kinkaid only starts back to backs all year. The habs have what, 13 back to backs all year?

That means price still starts 69 if he remains healthy.

That's still a huge load by present standards. I'm pretty sure the cup winners of the last few years have all had starters with less than 60 starts, and if the Habs are going to make the playoffs, Price needs to be sharp to make any noise whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad