Pre-Game Talk: Joisey @ MTL Sat. Nov. 16 7:00 PM ET

How many points will the Habs garner from both games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'll give you the jacked clown...
I'm not a girl though, nor am I happily excited when we lose.
You will notice how both trains are headed down...What are you saying..?

images

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-11-14_%C3%A0_10.56.22.png

LOL, Weal a healthy scratch over several games, is brought back and he's automatically slotting on the first wave of the PP. WTF.
It's pretty clear. Weal and Cousins is like a pair of boxers you change every week.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Really not the point but please carry on.

So the issue is that he is in the 1st unit instead of the 2nd?
The same guy playing Weal's position in the 2nd unit is Danault, and Weal has more pp points than him this year, so I don't see the problem of Weal in the 1st unit and Danault in the 2nd...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So the issue is that he is in the 1st unit instead of the 2nd?
The same guy playing Weal's position in the 2nd unit is Danault, and Weal has more pp points than him this year, so I don't see the problem of Weal in the 1st unit and Danault in the 2nd...

None of the above. Keep guessing. :D

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-11-14_%C3%A0_10.56.22.png

LOL, Weal a healthy scratch over several games, is brought back and he's automatically slotting on the first wave of the PP. WTF.

Do you want CJ to go back to last year's pre-Armia, Danault, and Weal pp that was oh so successful??

PP's been getting it done this year. I think he likes Danault, Weal, and Armia because they move the puck quickly, don't turn it over with too much stick handling, and retrieve the puck from the corner. If you watch who turns it over for a clear, it's usually Domi, Drouin, KK, Gallagher, Tatar, and Weber.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you want CJ to go back to last year's pre-Armia, Danault, and Weal pp that was oh so successful??

PP's been getting it done this year. I think he likes Danault, Weal, and Armia because they move the puck quickly, don't turn it over with too much stick handling, and retrieve the puck from the corner. If you watch who turns it over for a clear, it's usually Domi, Drouin, KK, Gallagher, Tatar, and Weber.

I have no preference as I know that options are limited.

Just found it odd that a guy who is sat for 4 games as a healthy scratch is being brought back by practicing on the first wave of the PP, is all. I mean, how does the coach keep a first wave guy eating hot dogs for so long.

Reactions: 26Mats

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I have no preference as I know that options are limited.

Just found it odd that a guy who is sat for 4 games as a healthy scratch is being brought back by practicing on the first wave of the PP, is all. I mean, how does the coach keep a first wave guy eating hot dogs for so long.

Literally answered that in my first reply.
And its not even a real first wave. Both units average the same pp ice time.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Going out for evening so won't be able to watch game. But will PVR, as fierce to see Subban play. Heard a lot of bad about his play in Jersey. Want to see for myself if true.

He usually is poor reading the cycle turns puck over often and gets caught out of position occassionally. Paired with Markov, playing in front of Price it was not that noticeable. Or with Rinne and Ekholm in Nashville. But with weak netminding in Jersey and lesser pairing. His weaknesses could be getting overexposed.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

:laugh:
You forgot the emoji!:thumbu:

No, he didn't forget the emoji. He genuinely likes seeing that kind of negativity, because it's in all of his posts. You go 'don't rain on my parade', he goes 'give me more'. Both you guys are serious, you just think he's on your side when he's not.

The "joke" about becoming a better person is stale as ****. It's not funny, it's Therrien-era and it's been overused a thousand times already. Poor material.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'll give you the jacked clown...
I'm not a girl though, nor am I happily excited when we lose.
You will notice how both trains are headed down...What are you saying..?

Not sure who I am on the roller coaster. Thought you would of tried to pick someone? :laugh:

Heading down, I'm saying, I hope it's not going too steep! lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Literally answered that in my first reply.
And its not even a real first wave. Both units average the same pp ice time.

Nah you didn’t. Re-read your posts.

Doesn’t matter, this is gonna go on forever so I’ll cut my losses right now. Moving on.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
..Steep or not...you think it's going down..
Well, look at you, Miss Negativity.

Rollercoaster ride with a middle of the pack team and fringe top 10 team at best. If we can get 3 of 4 pts this weekend, I'll be impressed! But won't be surprised we get 0-2 pts. Habs have not had too much long span success over the last two seasons. Usually it's win some, lose some.

Constructive criticism I call it. I can see the Habs taking baby steps forward but we won't know how good we are with those kids filling holes for a few seasons yet.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Rollercoaster ride with a middle of the pack team and fringe top 10 team at best. If we can get 3 of 4 pts this weekend, I'll be impressed! But won't be surprised we get 0-2 pts. Habs have not had too much long span success over the last two seasons. Usually it's win some, lose some.

Constructive criticism I call it. I can see the Habs taking baby steps forward but we won't know how good we are with those kids filling holes for a few seasons yet.

I'm not surprised...by product of Julien's system. He'll make teams play better than expected. In the end though, it won't lead us anywhere meaningful. Just par for the course with this organization.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not surprised...by product of Julien's system. He'll make teams play better than expected. In the end though, it won't lead us anywhere meaningful. Just par for the course with this organization.

He's still a good piece to have if he can get back to where he was before he was hurt. Skates well with decent vision and plays physical like Fleury. We have no idea how he would of continued with his progression before he got hurt. Not a flashy offensive type guy but does the boring stuff very well.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's still a good piece to have if he can get back to where he was before he was hurt. Skates well with decent vision and plays physical like Fleury. We have no idea how he would of continued with his progression before he got hurt. Not a flashy offensive type guy but does the boring stuff very well.
I'm not saying he's not good to have. I'm saying they should keep the kids in the AHL, especially ones who aren't even playing well down there, which was Poehling's case.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not saying he's not good to have. I'm saying they should keep the kids in the AHL, especially ones who aren't even playing well down there, which was Poehling's case.

I'm OK with that. I had pretty much every prospect in the AHL except Kotkaniemi to start the season. Not sure how it unfolds. I get what your saying, having them excel in the AHL or dominate is a confidence booster and it's smarter risk management

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
People said the same thing with the Bruins when they were 11-1-2 before playing us.

Caps : We always find a way to win those.
Devils : We always find a way to lose these.

Actually they weren't Boston was not playing great but still winning was what was reported at the time. It was repeated often in the telecast also.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm OK with that. I had pretty much every prospect in the AHL except Kotkaniemi to start the season. Not sure how it unfolds. I get what your saying, having them excel in the AHL or dominate is a confidence booster and it's smarter risk management
Bergevin is the one who essentially decides who goes up and down, it's pretty clear at this point he doesn't have a single freaking clue what he's doing.
I had them all down there. Laval has a chance to compete for the Calder Cup. That would be great for them. Having kids graduate together next year after creating chemistry of a cup run together in Laval would have been awesome for them.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
This just means they're due for a loss! Lol.

Personally, I'd play Kinkaid in this game. Not because I think we're going to lose, but give him the first night on a B2B for once and give Price the Saturday home game which he is usually a rock in.

I'm gonna predict 3/4 points.

Sounds a little selfish, wanting to watch Price at home while the Habs will have a far better chance of gaining points in both games, with Kinkaid against his former teammates. As fans we need to put aside our wants for the best results for the team, fanatic here LOL!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No, he didn't forget the emoji. He genuinely likes seeing that kind of negativity, because it's in all of his posts. You go 'don't rain on my parade', he goes 'give me more'. Both you guys are serious, you just think he's on your side when he's not.

The "joke" about becoming a better person is stale as ****. It's not funny, it's Therrien-era and it's been overused a thousand times already. Poor material.

So sorry to have apparently struck a nerve with some,but I'm missing something for sure. Not sure what the JOKE is with Therrien.

Just spending sometime amusing myself and contributing some perspective,whether poignant,snide,whatever. People got to lighten up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad