Joinable post lottery 7 round mock draft

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
With the 85th overall selection, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select; from the Red Deer Rebels (WHL), Josh Mahura!!!!

fI0uUWKU.jpg

1(15): Jake Bean - Calgary (WHL)
3(68): Matt Filipe - Cedar Rapids (USHL)
3(85): Josh Mahura - Red Deer (WHL)

(Pm Sent to next gm)

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Well, The Draft Analyst has him at 62. Goalies are generally wildcards on draft day.

I agree goalies are wildcards. I probably won't take one until the late rounds.

I would use The Draft Analyst's rankings as a decent read, not without many grains of salt. If people are using that for their drafting, then I'm perfectly fine with that.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
He's one of my higher ranked goalies, seems to fly under the radar a bit.

I have him ranked in the 115-130 range (bottom 4th-early 5th). Of course it's my opinion, but I feel this is a weak class for G's. I'm fine with GM's taking players I have ranked lower on my list;)

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
With the 88th overall selection, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select; from Team Russia U-18 (MHL), Artur Kayumov!!!!

kayumov_artur_15-16_ep.jpg

1(15): Jake Bean - Calgary (WHL)
3(68): Matt Filipe - Cedar Rapids (USHL)
3(85): Josh Mahura - Red Deer (WHL)
3(88): Artur Kayumov - Team Russia U-18 (MHL)

(Pm Sent to next gm)

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
with the 87th pick the Washington Capitals Select from from the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League Jonathan Ang

41.) Taylor Raddysh

44.) Boris Katchouk

49.) Jordan Kyrou

54.) Tim Gettinger

87.) Jonathan Ang

Capitals GM: We want to welcome Jonathan Ang to the Washington Capitals Organization, Ang is the former 9th overall pick in the 2014 OHL Priority selection and he brings that one element our system was really lacking that we have been stock piling in this draft and thats forwards with offensive potential. Jonathan Ang has outstanding on ice vision, hockey sense and hands. He has the ability to read the play and make the opposition look sly at top speed. He is a pure offensive player that has outstanding potential to score 20-30 goals in the NHL a season someday. Ang didn't play on a team last year that had many offensive players but he took a huge step forward and scored 21 goals and around 50 points. We expect Ang will break out this year with his point production sky rocketing from the previous season. Overall we are getting a scoring forward who will be great offensively down the road

Last edited:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Washington Selects from from the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League Jonathan Ang

41.) Taylor Raddysh

44.) Boris Katchouk

49.) Jordan Kyrou

54.) Tim Gettinger

89.) Jonathan Ang

You still need to pick at 87

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
With the 89th pick Washington selects from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League Victor Mete

41.) Taylor Raddysh

44.) Boris Katchouk

49.) Jordan Kyrou

54.) Tim Gettinger

87.) Jonathan Ang

89.) Victor Mete

Capitals GM: Coming into this draft we wanted to really load up on forwards and we have done that with our 5 first picks. But we are always trying to be opportunistic and we saw that with Mete. We have lots of good young defenseman in our system like Bear, Hobbs, Collins, Bowey, Siebanaler etc But you can never have enough depth and our goal is to improve the overall depth of this organization and Mete gives us that. Mete is a smaller player who has the ability to be a quarterback on the powerplay for a very long time, his upside is like a Duncan Keith or Ryan Murphy. Mete owns a rocket of a shot from the point that is hard to contain, has incredibly quick feet that allow him to go end to end and create odd man rushes, plays the game calm, has outstanding puck handling abilities, and soft hands that allow him to adapt in transition. He will need to get stronger and fill out his frame but if he does we believe we will have something special down the road.

Last edited:

RoR21

May 24, 2011
didn't get a PM from WSH before leaving the office so good thing I checked, Blues are proud to select Notre Dame commit Andrew Peeke from the USHL

2016 draft)
(28) Brett Howden
(58) Cliff Pu
(90) Andrew Peeke

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
didn't get a PM from WSH before leaving the office so good thing I checked, Blues are proud to select Notre Dame commit Andrew Peeke from the USHL

2016 draft)
(28) Brett Howden
(58) Cliff Pu
(90) Andrew Peeke

aha was just about the msg you

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
With the 89th pick Washington selects from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League Victor Mete

41.) Taylor Raddysh

44.) Boris Katchouk

49.) Jordan Kyrou

54.) Tim Gettinger

87.) Jonathan Ang

89.) Victor Mete

someone likes his OHL players, I guess.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
Yeah, I liked my pick because of his frame being at 6'4 covers a lot of net. I know it's risky, but seeing how the Hawks develop goalies (Niemi, Crawford, Darling, Raanta) I think it's worth the risk. I picked him thinking of a player like Bishop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad