NHL Entry Draft: Joinable NHL Mock Draft+Playoffs (CHANGED TO 3 ROUNDS!)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I've just about given up on this thing. Being very poorly managed and controlled.

Once again, been sick and a **** ton of exams. Told you things would take off on Wednesday. Now you just have to wait.

:coyotes
Arizona's Auto pick is D Brandon Carlo.
Toronto is next up

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
ANNOUNCEMENT

No, this thread isn't closing, BUT, the draft is shortening to 3 rounds. We all knew it would never make 7 anyways. Sorry to pretty much all teams who traded away 4-7th round picks, but its not like the prospects drafted in those rounds were going to be used in our game. To get this rolling, the clock will now be 4 hours, excluding the night when the clock stops. I have exams on Monday and Tuesday, but after that i'm home free for updates. I hope we can get the draft going as fast as possible to move on to Playoffs. On another note, I really need the last half of teams who haven't posted rosters on my roster thread to post ASAP so that can be finished. I will make a new playoff thread when the time comes about and I hope we can power through to rest of the draft.

Thanks to the teams who have done their rosters and posted.
NEED ROSTERS FROM: (14 Teams!)
:ducks :coyotes :sabres :avs :kings :wild :habs :nashville :devils :rangers :pens :sharks :blues :jets

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
I've already explained the Saad and Seabrook deals. You'll see I've upgraded the hawks Blueline ans probably prolonged Keith's career since I have 7th defencemen who can play instead of the four currently being used by coach Q.

Well, all that doesnt change the fact, that you'd easily woulve gotten 28 better offers for both of them. That's why the return is plain bad and you got screwed. Your business, tho.

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
I'll attempt to defend the Buff trade. So I'm the Tampa GM. The reason I think that it's okay is because I'm going for the cup at the end of this (if the end occurs.) so Buff helps me so much more than any of the pieces.

If there's a voting or whatever going on, that might be true. But only because of the fact, that 90% of ppl overvalue Byfuglien by a landslide. As I said, Jets D did much better without him, he mailny turned the puck over and took untimely, costing penalties.
As a TB fan, it just hurt me to see him on our D, especially given that 1. TB has at least 8 NHL-ready defenseman with more coming up and 2. the price paid. Way too much, imo.

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
People play these things for the fu of trading. Since its not a keeper league no one really cares much about future. You want to win the best roster thing or full out tank. That explains a lot of the trades. GM games are like that sometimes.

That's true. But when I do these, I really want to do the best for the team (short- and long-term), because that is how a real GM (ideally) works. Just think it's more fun than sacrificing each and every future assets to get the "best team in the mock right now".

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
That's true. But when I do these, I really want to do the best for the team (short- and long-term), because that is how a real GM (ideally) works. Just think it's more fun than sacrificing each and every future assets to get the "best team in the mock right now".

Both are fun in their own ways.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
ANNOUNCEMENT

No, this thread isn't closing, BUT, the draft is shortening to 3 rounds. We all knew it would never make 7 anyways. Sorry to pretty much all teams who traded away 4-7th round picks, but its not like the prospects drafted in those rounds were going to be used in our game. To get this rolling, the clock will now be 4 hours, excluding the night when the clock stops. I have exams on Monday and Tuesday, but after that i'm home free for updates. I hope we can get the draft going as fast as possible to move on to Playoffs. On another note, I really need the last half of teams who haven't posted rosters on my roster thread to post ASAP so that can be finished. I will make a new playoff thread when the time comes about and I hope we can power through to rest of the draft.

Thanks for this. The four hour thing should be quite alright.

Might I suggest that if this thing somehow should REALLY pick up in the next few days, we revisit the option of going 7 rounds?

Of course, only if tendencies show it makes sense...

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Thanks for this. The four hour thing should be quite alright.

Might I suggest that if this thing somehow should REALLY pick up in the next few days, we revisit the option of going 7 rounds?

Of course, only if tendencies show it makes sense...

IF it REALLY picks up, then sure. But there is only 8 days till the draft.

The Shanaplan

May 13, 2015
Just waking up from my nap at the draft table i walked over to the St. Louis Blues table and since i owned picks #42 and #48 i decided i need to keep awake so i traded up. so mow the St. Louis Blues gets Alex Lintuniemi, Jordan Weal, 42nd, 48th and LA gets : 38th, 47th, 49th.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Just waking up from my nap at the draft table i walked over to the St. Louis Blues table and since i owned picks #42 and #48 i decided i need to keep awake so i traded up. so mow the St. Louis Blues gets Alex Lintuniemi, Jordan Weal, 42nd, 48th and LA gets : 38th, 47th, 49th.

Confirm. I guess I'll take my nap now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If there's a voting or whatever going on, that might be true. But only because of the fact, that 90% of ppl overvalue Byfuglien by a landslide. As I said, Jets D did much better without him, he mailny turned the puck over and took untimely, costing penalties.
As a TB fan, it just hurt me to see him on our D, especially given that 1. TB has at least 8 NHL-ready defenseman with more coming up and 2. the price paid. Way too much, imo.

Well I highly disagree. Guess we just value him differently. With him, TB has the best d corps in the league immediately. Instead of waiting for DeAngelo/Koekoek to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad