NHL Entry Draft: Joinable NHL Mock Draft+Playoffs (CHANGED TO 3 ROUNDS!)

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The Leafs have bought out the remainder of Stephen Weiss's contract and are looking to trade Bozak for picks

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Thanks to the teams who have posted their rosters! I hope more will post as soon as possible! Looking good so far! (Thanks Detroit, Florida, Toronto, and Calgary!)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The clock stops at night, but even then, he's timed out. Would have done it sooner but I was at soccer.

Using the ISS Top 30 Rankings,

:ducks
The Anahiem Ducks Select.. C Joel Ek-Eriksson

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
With the 29th pick in the 2015 NHL Draft the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select from Everett of the Western Hockey League D-Noah Juulsen.

309d5470-c373-11e4-9c47-91e0a3f13099_Juulsen-is-ranked-No-38-among-North-American-skaters-by-NHL-Central-Scouting-Aaron-Bell-OHL-Images-.jpg

:flyers

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
:nucks

[FIELDSET="Roster"]
Note: Bolded Players Are Available

Daniel Sedin - Evgeny Kuznetsov - Alex Burrows
Sven Baertschi - Nick Bonino - Radim Vrbata
Shawn Matthias - Brad Richardson - Lindon Vey
Derek Dorsett - Bo Horvat - Brandon McMillan
Extra: Jannik Hansen

Alex Edler - Chris Tanev
Dan Hamhuis - Luca Sbisa
Ryan Stanton - Yannick Weber
Extra: Adam Clendening, Frank Corrado

Ryan Miller
Eddie Lack​
[/FIELDSET]

Bump

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
wow just went thru the trades, every other trade is a total ripoff of one of the teams involved. No idea how the other team agreed on these...

nafnlaus

#nohashtagsinthebath
Apr 20, 2015
wow just went thru the trades, every other trade is a total ripoff of one of the teams involved. No idea how the other team agreed on these...

I know some are rather lopsided, but would you care to give some examples other than the Seabrook, Saad and 10th overall to Winnipeg trades?

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
I know some are rather lopsided, but would you care to give some examples other than the Seabrook, Saad and 10th overall to Winnipeg trades?

1. Starts with the Pietrangelo deal. A top 5-10, very young and on a good contract D for a good (but problems with work ethic) prospect and two guys I had to google and are barely worth anything? STL got ***** big time. BIG TIME. It's like trading Doughty/Hedman for a good prospect and late picks. Laughable.

2. Not in a million years does TB trade 16th and Koekkoek for Byfuglien. Not in a million years. WPG actually played much better defensively without Byfuglien who's been very turnoverprone and just not good in his own zone. Therefore, trading a young (and much better for the tampa cap situation because on a rookie contract instead of the 5.2m Byfuglien makes) projected #2-3 guy and a mid first in a deep and good draft? No chance.

3. Seabrook. Don't think there's an explanation needed, if the Hawks were to trade Seabrook, they'd receive exactly 28 better offers for him. top pairing guy for a 2nd and 3rd? Hell, Braydon Coburn fetched a 1st, 3rd and a solid D in Gudas. That'd mean Coburn is much better than Seabrook, but it's vice versa.

4. Why tf does WSH trade Kuznetsov (young and developing, again better for the cap) and a 1st for I'd guess 2 years of 7m Henrik Sedin while they already have Backstrom to play with Ovechkin? Glen-Sather-sacrificing-all-future-for-unlikely-win-now-success-trade. Just bad.

5. Kessel trade. This dude had a very bad season, trade value is at an all time low. Guy plays no defense and seems to have weight and attitude problems. Yet, he fetches a projected top pairing guy, a 100% top 5 and good chance for first overall pick in 2016, a late first in a deep and good draft and a solid young C that just needs a change of scenery? Ridiculous. Plus, Kessel does in no way fit BUFs rebuilding plans, they won't content in the next 2-3 years. After those years, Kessel's prime will long be gone. So where's the point?

6. Although it says Dan Gibson, I suppose it shall be John Gibson. You do not trade the 2nd best goalie prospect in the world for a later 2nd and a solid but not great D prospect. Poor ANA.

7. Saad deal. Out of words. You already mentioned him, guess no further explanation needed.

8. IMO, WPG shouldnt trade Hellebuyck and a 2rd to move up 7 spots. I see Hellebuyk as theit future starter. Not super terrible, but still a deal I doubt WPG would do.

nafnlaus

#nohashtagsinthebath
Apr 20, 2015
1. Starts with the Pietrangelo deal. A top 5-10, very young and on a good contract D for a good (but problems with work ethic) prospect and two guys I had to google and are barely worth anything? STL got ***** big time. BIG TIME. It's like trading Doughty/Hedman for a good prospect and late picks. Laughable.

2. Not in a million years does TB trade 16th and Koekkoek for Byfuglien. Not in a million years. WPG actually played much better defensively without Byfuglien who's been very turnoverprone and just not good in his own zone. Therefore, trading a young (and much better for the tampa cap situation because on a rookie contract instead of the 5.2m Byfuglien makes) projected #2-3 guy and a mid first in a deep and good draft? No chance.

3. Seabrook. Don't think there's an explanation needed, if the Hawks were to trade Seabrook, they'd receive exactly 28 better offers for him. top pairing guy for a 2nd and 3rd? Hell, Braydon Coburn fetched a 1st, 3rd and a solid D in Gudas. That'd mean Coburn is much better than Seabrook, but it's vice versa.

4. Why tf does WSH trade Kuznetsov (young and developing, again better for the cap) and a 1st for I'd guess 2 years of 7m Henrik Sedin while they already have Backstrom to play with Ovechkin? Glen-Sather-sacrificing-all-future-for-unlikely-win-now-success-trade. Just bad.

5. Kessel trade. This dude had a very bad season, trade value is at an all time low. Guy plays no defense and seems to have weight and attitude problems. Yet, he fetches a projected top pairing guy, a 100% top 5 and good chance for first overall pick in 2016, a late first in a deep and good draft and a solid young C that just needs a change of scenery? Ridiculous. Plus, Kessel does in no way fit BUFs rebuilding plans, they won't content in the next 2-3 years. After those years, Kessel's prime will long be gone. So where's the point?

6. Although it says Dan Gibson, I suppose it shall be John Gibson. You do not trade the 2nd best goalie prospect in the world for a later 2nd and a solid but not great D prospect. Poor ANA.

7. Saad deal. Out of words. You already mentioned him, guess no further explanation needed.

8. IMO, WPG shouldnt trade Hellebuyck and a 2rd to move up 7 spots. I see Hellebuyk as theit future starter. Not super terrible, but still a deal I doubt WPG would do.

Good explanations. I agree on most of these. Mantha's definitely got work ethic problems but 0.5 pong at 19 in the AHL means something at least, but I will admit I got really lucky on that deal. As a side note St. Louis specifically asked for Nastasiuk or another player to be included so I didn't mind.

The Hellebuyck deal was downright terrible I agree. But WPG really wanted Connor I guess.

But most deals on a mock like this are lopsided because the GM's don't necessarily take their own favourite teams and as a result don't value the players correctly. I expect that most of the time.

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
Good explanations. I agree on most of these. Mantha's definitely got work ethic problems but 0.5 pong at 19 in the AHL means something at least, but I will admit I got really lucky on that deal. As a side note St. Louis specifically asked for Nastasiuk or another player to be included so I didn't mind.

The Hellebuyck deal was downright terrible I agree. But WPG really wanted Connor I guess.

But most deals on a mock like this are lopsided because the GM's don't necessarily take their own favourite teams and as a result don't value the players correctly. I expect that most of the time.

Oh lol, didnt even see you are the Detroit GM. Congrats, you should be arrested for ****, tho. Nastasiuk was a 2nd rounder two years ago...should get you Pietrangelo's skate blade maybe, haha.
Well, I dont give up my future starting goalie when basically around 15-20 guys are MORE OR LESS "even" after the top 5/8.

Well, I have a favorite team as well, but I think when overtaking another team you should at least know a bit about the players values, or at least do some research about it.

After all, just a Mock Draft on the interwebs, tho.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll attempt to defend the Buff trade. So I'm the Tampa GM. The reason I think that it's okay is because I'm going for the cup at the end of this (if the end occurs.) so Buff helps me so much more than any of the pieces.

IceDogsandLeafs

Dec 10, 2010
Niagara Falls, ON
I've already explained the Saad and Seabrook deals. You'll see I've upgraded the hawks Blueline ans probably prolonged Keith's career since I have 7th defencemen who can play instead of the four currently being used by coach Q.

nafnlaus

#nohashtagsinthebath
Apr 20, 2015
Oh lol, didnt even see you are the Detroit GM. Congrats, you should be arrested for ****, tho. Nastasiuk was a 2nd rounder two years ago...should get you Pietrangelo's skate blade maybe, haha.
Well, I dont give up my future starting goalie when basically around 15-20 guys are MORE OR LESS "even" after the top 5/8.

Well, I have a favorite team as well, but I think when overtaking another team you should at least know a bit about the players values, or at least do some research about it.

After all, just a Mock Draft on the interwebs, tho.

I agree. Were I taking another team in one of these I'd probably spend a couple hours flipping through the old post game threads to see various opinions on the players.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
People play these things for the fu of trading. Since its not a keeper league no one really cares much about future. You want to win the best roster thing or full out tank. That explains a lot of the trades. GM games are like that sometimes.

IceDogsandLeafs

Dec 10, 2010
Niagara Falls, ON
People play these things for the fu of trading. Since its not a keeper league no one really cares much about future. You want to win the best roster thing or full out tank. That explains a lot of the trades. GM games are like that sometimes.

Correct. I did think a bit about the future with the Seabrook trade. I wanted to get something back for a guy that will be a UFA in another year and get vastly overpaid by someone. Didn't plan on reading Saad by the lack of reliable defencemen is a problem. The players I got back are an upgrade over Timonen and Cumiskey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad