Injury Report: Johnsson: Leg || Update: LTIR

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Meh, good teams overcome adversity
Bad teams sink because of it

Injuries happen, now overcome them

Seriously. Look at the Penguins. How many times have Crosby and Malkin been injured? They always bounce back.

The problem with this team is the shitty back up goaltending and play in back to backs.

If they are even .400, they have 4-5 more points.

We need guys to step up and play well for 60 mins.

Reactions: Kiwi

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Seriously. Look at the Penguins. How many times have Crosby and Malkin been injured? They always bounce back.

The problem with this team is the ****ty back up goaltending and play in back to backs.

If they are even .400, they have 4-5 more points.

We need guys to step up and play well for 60 mins.
St. Louis has been without Steen/Tarasenko/Sundqvist and traded Fabbri.
Only Andersen plays 60 minutes.

Reactions: Kiwi

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Damn when I wanted AJ off the top line I was thinking more like elite third liner putting up a goal every 4 games.

This "gone" went too far.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
We'll probably play the whole year with active roster players on the LTIR, avoiding having to trade someone away. Which I imagine was MGMT's assumption going in. Unfortunately none of this space will be used to acquire a backup or grit.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Johnsson was outstanding when he played with Marner and Tavares.
He never had chemistry with Matthews.
Hopefully he gets a shot with Tavares-Nylander.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Johnsson was outstanding when he played with Marner and Tavares.
He never had chemistry with Matthews.
Hopefully he gets a shot with Tavares-Nylander.

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander had some amazing underlying offensive numbers (possession and corsi) when they played together if I remember correctly. They just didn't have good defensive play and had some bad luck with on ice shooting % (if somebody can back me up or correct me for sure, but this is what I remember).

When healthy (minus Mikheyev), I see something like the following:

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Timo/Spezza - Gauthier - Moore

You can switch Johnsson/Hyman as well as Engvall with the 4th liners as you see fit.

Then if Mikheyev does come back this year, he could push Johnsson down to the 3rd line or take Engvall's place himself (pushing Engvall to the 4th line), which looks pretty great to me.

Then we just need to trade Ceci + picks/prospects for a stabling influence for Rielly to hopefully fix the D.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
I miss him now.

I want AJ - Kerfoot - Kap, perfect 3rd line.
I've been wanting to see that too, that line would keep anybody on their toes.
AJ wasn't working out on AM's line but this guy still has great speed and isn't afraid to get to the net, great 3rd liner.

Reactions: saffronleaf

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander had some amazing underlying offensive numbers (possession and corsi) when they played together if I remember correctly. They just didn't have good defensive play and had some bad luck with on ice shooting % (if somebody can back me up or correct me for sure, but this is what I remember).

When healthy (minus Mikheyev), I see something like the following:

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Timo/Spezza - Gauthier - Moore

You can switch Johnsson/Hyman as well as Engvall with the 4th liners as you see fit.

Then if Mikheyev does come back this year, he could push Johnsson down to the 3rd line or take Engvall's place himself (pushing Engvall to the 4th line), which looks pretty great to me.

Then we just need to trade Ceci + picks/prospects for a stabling influence for Rielly to hopefully fix the D.

I'd do

Hyman Matthews Marner
Engvall Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Kerfoot Kappy
Timashov/Moore Goat Spezza

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I miss him now.

I want AJ - Kerfoot - Kap, perfect 3rd line.
The line suggestion is very digestable and perfetto like coffee. :coffee: :mug: :tea:

AJ is aaaight, but he ain't no killa for scrilla. We still need our thug under the sun. Unless we ain't trading for a thug, we'll not be able to prevail in the playoffs period. History will repeat itself. We need a sparkler who gets everybody together.

Reactions: The Cobra

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
OK, need my capologists to tells me who has to go once Johnsson and Muzzin return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad